Brewer Fanatic

Strasburg Signs w/ Nats Before Deadline [Approx. $15m for 4 years]

DannoMac21

4-year deal they say. Well good for him, I guess.

Wonder how much pressure there was from Strasberg to Boras as the offers kept going down (reportedly $17 million during the Brewer game).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Most guaranteed money for a drafted player since Mark Prior got $10.5 million in 2001.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Wonder how much pressure there was from Strasberg to Boras as the offers kept going down (reportedly $17 million during the Brewer game).

I'm trying to make sense of this. The offer went up. It was at $12.5M. If someone speculated $17M, it was a rumor, or it may have been a different deal where the dollar figure was higher but the NPV was lower.

Since several contracts waited until the deadline to get signed, it only makes sense to me that the deadline be moved up again. I just don't know what is reasonable. A week, a month, somewhere in between?

Yeah, there was a ton of speculation. I mean, you had some reports right after he was drafted that the Nats were going to offer him somewhere around $40-50 million, but over 6 or 7 years. I think most of it was just baseless speculating by various pundits.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Pretty sure Uecker and Provus both said, during the game, that the latest offer was $17 million, so naturally, I assumed that the final offer went DOWN from that offer they had reported.

It is Uecker, though, so he was probably just throwing numbers out there. I took it as golden word.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Does anyone know where to find a list of all the draft picks and if they signed or not? I'm sure this list exists somewhere, I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

MLB.com

There's a list at the end of the Strasburg article.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

He doesn't need to be singed
Then he'll get BURNED by the awesome negotiating skills of the Royals. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I wasn't aware of this rule until a short while ago. It makes sense since he doesn't have the NCAA to go back to. Either way, I thought it was hilarious before I realized he had more time that he had been unsigned twice in a row. Delaying getting to the next level for a couple hundred thousand is not particularly smart when you're a top prospect.

Pretty sure Uecker and Provus both said, during the game, that the latest offer was $17 million, so naturally, I assumed that the final offer went DOWN from that offer they had reported.

It is Uecker, though, so he was probably just throwing numbers out there. I took it as golden word.

I think they mentioned $17 million on the TV broadcast too. But that does not necessarily mean that it was not a rumor, nor does it mean that it was for the same number of years or structured the same. Maybe it was $17 million for 5 years, maybe it was $17 million for 4 years but less money now and more later, maybe it was a rumor put out by his agent.

Archived