Brewer Fanatic

Is Prince still a Vegetarian?

silversurferr

There is no source...

But I thought it was well pretty well known he stopped shortly after he started last year. (I think his wife still thinks he is a vegetarian.)

I find this so completely absurd that I don't give it even a tiny bit of credit. The fans know the truth and he hides it from his wife, yeah right.

Well, it is one thing to say athletes by and large get paid a lot. That is no secret. However, compared to other comparable players in the league, Prince was getting peanuts up until this season. Also, with his past issues regarding money and his dad, it is somewhat understandable he would be concerned with his contract more than the average Major Leaguer might be.

Plus, the issue of injury always weighs over an athlete. Let's just say, hypothetically, Prince had suffered a serious injury before this season and was never able to play again. He would have made a little over a million in his career (I'm going off baseball-reference.com). That sounds like a lot to most people, but after taxes, his agent's cut, other fees...it's not really even enough to retire on. Now he and his kids are set for life and he can just focus on baseball. I'm not going to hold that against him.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The whining has stopped? LOL.

Anyways, im sure it has nothing to do with him eating meat and has to do with him finally not worried about money. He finally has money and got paid really for the first time in his career.

The way I read the initial post, I don't think it was about Prince whining, but rather the fans who were concerned about his diet negatively impacting his offense.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Tom said Prince doesn't talk about it, but he guessed he's on a "'modified' vegetarian diet." Whatever that means.

It probably means now that beef is a leafy green.

I suspect Prince is on some sort of restricted, yet reasonable diet -- one that he can easily stick to.

I noticed the whining has stopped. This means that either people realized that vegetarianism has no relationship to hitting ability, or, he is eating meat and the morons think that there is a relationship between meat-eating and hitting prowess.

I am certain the whining has stopped because Prince took care of business and got himself into better shape. I am not sure the path he took, and I am not sure it matters other than I think Prince deserves a lot of credit for grabbing the tiger by the tail. I think Prince deserves a lot of credit for getting himself into shape, and I think he did deserve a lot of the criticism for letting his "robustness" affect his play in 2008.

Stating that "vegetarianism has no relationship to hitting ability" is probably splitting hairs. It is obvious that good diet has an impact on run production and defensive performance -- If Prince needed to eat more veggies, then so be it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Did anyone REALLY think his veggie diet contributed to the slow start last year? I think it was just something to mainly make jokes about. Perhaps there was concern that in switching diets, he was not getting a good diet (anyone who eat poorly with or without meat won't perform well), but I think people harping on the veggie part was mainly for laughs.

Did anyone REALLY think his veggie diet contributed to the slow start last year?

I think his starchatarian diet had an impact on his ability to perform as a baseball player.

Prince seems to have found a regimen that allows him to be very good. I hope that he will be able to adapt that as he gets older.

Let's just say, hypothetically, Prince had suffered a serious injury before this season and was never able to play again. He would have made a little over a million in his career

But was this not the case only because, unlike Braun, he chose not to sign a long term contract?

Archived