Brewer Fanatic

Lopez stats brewers only?

Foofty

I never used to like Lopez much as a player but now that I am looking through blue colored glasses I appreciate the ease at which he plays the game and his ability to hit the ball to all fields. He just acts very professionally. He has been an excellent albeit a wasted acquisition.

Actually I'll disagree a bit shelmark. I love what he's done offensively for the Brewers, but as far as "the way he plays the game" I don't like it much. He has given up on ground balls multiple times this year. He dropped that pop-up because he lazily caught it off to the side instead of getting under the ball. He has made baserunning errors. I can see why he's been traded as many times as he has.

I'd agree with Stevo. He's been exactly as advertised. He's a really solid leadoff hitter with good speed and a little pop. The guy can flat out hit. He's also prone to mental lapses in the field and on the basepaths and that probably gets old after awhile. He seems to have a problem focusing at times. That really makes me wonder if they bring him back.

I can't believe I used "and that" in a sentence...I've been hearing way too much DM lately and that caused me to use it.

Actually I'll disagree a bit shelmark. I love what he's done offensively for the Brewers, but as far as "the way he plays the game" I don't like it much. He has given up on ground balls multiple times this year. He dropped that pop-up because he lazily caught it off to the side instead of getting under the ball. He has made baserunning errors. I can see why he's been traded as many times as he has.

I heard Daron Sutton interviewed just after the Lopez deal. He basically said that from time to time he'll have lapses in concentration that admittedly can look bad but aren't the result of a lack of desire. Lopez apparently still has issues that are left over from a very tough upbringing. Sutton believed that on balance Lopez's strengths far outweigh the occasional lapses. Sutton believes he's also a good clubhouse guy.

Archived