Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-16 Astros (Oswalt) at Brewers (Looper) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

hawing
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to the free agent market for making no reasonable starting pitchers available, resulting in a weak starting rotation, resulting in a worn out bullpen, resulting in the Brewers not winning 4 games in a row.

Since when is free agency the only avenue to acquire starting pitching?

Was that Cleveland series the last time the Brewers did anything other than 2-1, 2-2, or 1-2 in a series?
The Cleveland series was the Brewers' last sweep. I don't recall (and don't particularly care to look up right now, because it would mean revisiting July) the last series when the Brewers were swept.

David Weathers and Co. have apparently purchased shares in the Sunday Plus curse. I believe the Sunday Plus package (which this year includes some Friday night games and a couple of weeknights) has not experienced a win since June 26.

At least Escobar showed some 41000+ fans why speed counts. His beating the DP throw had to make even the staunchest Hardy fan think twice about that particular move made this week.

Fan Zone Discount Watch: Hall t-shirts are $10 now on the sale racks in the terrace level Fan Zone. No Hardy shirts are discounted.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Another opportunity for Ueck to complain about Valverde.
I was able to listen to 620 yesterday as I driving from Madison to Chicago to fly home--it was a real treat. But yeah, Ueck hates that guy. Hates him.

Ueck also got me going--when Fielder hit that long fly at the end, he actually really started screaming, "GET UP! GET UP! GET OUTT-....and Pence catches it at the wall!" Uff da.

Archived