Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-16 Astros (Oswalt) at Brewers (Looper) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

hawing
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince needs a long term deal. Period.

What will that cost, maybe $20 million per year? I can't see the team being willing or able to devote 25% of the payroll to Fielder.

Probably close to that ... and I don't see it happening either. But with our current roster and contracts... I can stomach the contract and I'll just pretend Prince ate Jeff Suppan and his salary.

Last year I wouldn't have even let this thought cross my mind with Prince's attitude and whatnot (no big payday)... but right now Prince just seems to be having way too much fun and is happy to be playing here and at such a high level. I understand his history and his agent... but I wouldn't put it past Fielder to give the Brewers a modest discount (5-10%) to keep himself in a comfortable situation with his friends. *shrugs*

Community Moderator
Thanks to the free agent market for making no reasonable starting pitchers available, resulting in a weak starting rotation, resulting in a worn out bullpen, resulting in the Brewers not winning 4 games in a row.

Archived