Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-16 Astros (Oswalt) at Brewers (Looper) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 8-5]

hawing

The infusion-of-youngsters boost meets the Sunday Plus package curse. Which superstition will win out? Tune in to see.

(Also, how much rain will fall on the hawing party on the drive to Milwaukee and back? I'll have to estimate that later.)

It's too early for lineups, so I trust one of you will add them once they're available. Go Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per Witrado JSOnline:

BREWERS

2B Felipe Lopez

3B Craig Counsell

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

CF Mike Cameron

RF Frank Catalanotto

C Jason Kendall

P Braden Looper

SS Alcides Escobar

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Looper a loser he gives up way to many Home Runs Hopefully Bush will take his spot in the rotation
This is wrong in so many ways...

Looper is 10-6. Yes he has gotten awesome run support, but there could be a good argument made that Looper has saved our rotation this year. Where would we be had we not signed him? McClung/Villa/Chase Wright as our #5? We'd be 6 games under even right now...

Funny, I was tracking this on Gameday, then Looper hit Lee, and I had to take my dog outside. Seeing who was next, I figured, "Well, here comes a 3-run HR from Blum." I get back, and sure enough, it was.

Hopefully the offense can continue to overcome the Geoff Blum onslaught and get Looper a (not so) well-deserved W.

FOr those who have watched Escobar play a lot, does he pound alot of balls into the ground? I haven't been watching the games very closely the last few days, but the only ball I saw him hit hard was a flyout to left field.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

FOr those who have watched Escobar play a lot, does he pound alot of balls into the ground? I haven't been watching the games very closely the last few days, but the only ball I saw him hit hard was a flyout to left field.
He had three hard hit balls yesterday....Two singles and a line drive right at Pence.

Who picks out the text questions to feature on air? "If the ball hits the foul pole, is it a home run?" Really? I guarantee you 99% of the people watching already know the answer. Feature questions that will actually be interesting to baseball fans. For that matter, who sends in a question like that? Just Google it, for crying out loud.

Escobar grounded out his first two at bats on Thursday and hit was a dribbler up the line which barely made it halfway before being picked up just before it stopped. Besides, I was asking people who watched him in the minors, not his tiny amount of at bats in the majors this year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived