Brewer Fanatic

The What Bad Contract will we take for Bill Hall thread (Was 'Reds interested in Bill Hall')

Melvin: So, you want me to take Igawa for Hall....and that?

Cashman: Yep, your rotten bullpen needs a pitcher like Igawa. He's first class stuff.

Melvin: How bout this Cash...please kiss my left butt cheek...and that. Then kiss the right one for good measure...and that.

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Igawa supposedly has an extensive collection of R/C toys. I don't know if that helps or hurts his trade value. If the Brewers trade for him, maybe he'll let Doug play with a few, but on the other hand, if Igawa did let Doug play with his toys, maybe other guys would be jealous and it would spread discord throughout the organization.

I will take Arroyo over Suppan any day of the week. If we can bump Hall from the roster (obviously already done) and Suppan from the rotation without adding much salary, we improve a bit imho. I think adding Arroyo will place Suppan as the longman next year, which should make us a little better team.

How about Hall, Suppan, and Hardy for Arroyo, Harang, and Tavares??

Not saying Tavares would start for us next year, but he isn't a bad fourth outfielder. And with Cameron coming off the books, we still could signa free agent for the outfield.

Yo

Harang

Bush

Parra

Arroyo

I think people are going to shoot that one down - but I kind of like it.

However, I think you would have to be confident that you would want to offer Harang or Arroyo arbitration next year (a stretch) so that you aren't trading Hardy for no long term rewards.

Not saying Tavares would start for us next year, but he isn't a bad fourth outfielder. And with Cameron coming off the books, we still could signa free agent for the outfield.

Yo

Harang

Bush

Parra

Arroyo

This makes sense. But I would try to include someone other than Hardy. I think Cinci may be interested in Hall at SS. Imagine doing this trade and Hardy+ for Bucholtz. Then we would have; Yo, Harang, Bucholtz, Parra, Arroyo/Bush.

I'd rather have Zito than either Harang or Arroyo, but we'd never get SF to pick up half his remaining contract. (Hall and Suppan and half of Zito's contract after Hall and Suppan's contracts expire for Zito).

Considering Harang is a better pitcher than Looper, does it make since for Milwaukee to trade Hall for Harang and buyout Looper? Hypothetically if the Brewers made the trade and bought out Looper, Harang's contract would cost them 6.75 M. This is taking into consideration 2010 contracts and future buyouts. A pretty big steal rather than paying Hall 8.5 M for no contribution.

Bill Hall

Aaron Harang (if traded)

Looper

6.9 M

11 M

4.75 M

8.5 M

12.5 M

6.5 M or.75 M buyout

9.25 M or .5 Buyout

14 M or 2.5 Buyout

2010 + buyout

9M

15 M

SOURCE: Cot's baseball

I am just thinking Cinci will want a sweeter (of who knows how sweet) to ship us Harang in a deal for Hall. I think Arroyo is more likely (and would still praise Doug for getting a pitcher of his level for Hall). I notice Arroyo throws tonight. Maybe Cinci wants to get one more start out of his arm before dealing him to us? It'd make sense to me to get that extra start out of him if they could.

I am just thinking Cinci will want a sweeter (of who knows how sweet) to ship us Harang in a deal for Hall. I think Arroyo is more likely (and would still praise Doug for getting a pitcher of his level for Hall). I notice Arroyo throws tonight. Maybe Cinci wants to get one more start out of his arm before dealing him to us? It'd make sense to me to get that extra start out of him if they could.
Why would him making another start make sense?

I am just guessing, due to wear of their pitching staff and in an effort to save their arms as much as possible given that they (as well as us) are out of contention, it'd be to their advantage to get an extra start out of a guy (Arroyo in this case) that they would in theory care less about after today. Then again, if he gets hurt the trade would obviously be off, so it goes both ways. It's all hypothetical anyway, just something I noticed and thought was a possibility I guess.

I just heard from two separate sources that Bill Hall was traded to the Seattle Mariners!

Edit - I don't have any details on what we get in return or any salary implications yet - just the initial information that he was traded to Seattle.

Archived