Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-15 Astros (Moehler) at Brewers (Burns) : 6:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 6-2]

hawing
That was actually quite relaxing. Great outing by Mike Burns. Time to win a day game now.

We won one on Thursday.

I know, I just wanted to say something a little more than "Great outing by Mike Burns" and that's the best I could come up with.

Very nice to have a couple relaxing wins back-to-back, but I wonder how many people in-state have given up on watching this team for the summer and watched the Packers tonight.

One thing I did notice around the 6th inning that I wasn't able to get online to comment about -- there was a shot of Escobar sitting next to Felipe Lopez and all I could think of is "man, I hope Lopez's reputation for sloppy defensive work and motivational lapses don't rub off on him."

I've been impressed by Esco so far, though...hopefully he keeps it up.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Very nice to have a couple relaxing wins back-to-back, but I wonder how many people in-state have given up on watching this team for the summer and watched the Packers tonight.

The wife and I went to a local bar to have dinner tonight during the game, and they had both games on separate TVs. It was an OK-ish crowd for early Saturday night, and people seemed to be paying attention to both games. There was one group intently watching the Packers, but otherwise people seemed to be watching both games. You know that even about three years ago, that wouldn't have been the case. I think that speaks to the in roads the Brewers have been able to make with the casual fans in the past few seasons.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Again Cameron is 4th on the team in OBP. I really wouldn't call that a rally killer
7th in OBP (soon to be 8th), and only 49 RBI's with more than half his AB's coming from the 5th spot in the order does not spell major production.

Archived