Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-14 Astros (Rodriguez) at Brewers (Gallardo) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 11-2]

hawing
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melvin in the booth yesterday indicated that batting the pitcher 8th is, statistically, supposed to be worth about 3 extra wins per year. This is a view, I assume many here may believe has some merit, so I don't get the ridiculing of doing it.
This is true, especially when the pitcher is Gallardo and the catcher is Kendall.

I think there is a wager somewhere on this site regarding Gallardo's and Kendall's OPS - Gallardo now leading.

Community Moderator
It's about time we had a laugher go our way. The offense has really responded to the recent shakeup. I remember back in 2002, someone suggested that we should fire our manager every week. Maybe this year we just need to keep shuffling players in from Nashville.

I was at the game yesterday, and that game was definitely a thing of beauty. What I was most impressed by the game was the fact that we didn't give up a single hit with runners in scoring position. I was afraid Houston might have came back against Yo ala Parra and pen, but Yo shut them down and the Bullpen put up 1 goose egg after another. I have an urge to rip off a piece cardboard off of Rachael Phelps cutout.

Archived