Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-14 Astros (Rodriguez) at Brewers (Gallardo) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 11-2]

hawing

Wandy vs. Yovani on a retro Friday. This Friday game is not in the Sunday Plus 20-pack, which might increase the chances of Brewers' success. Also, welcome to Jason Bourgeois!

Run support + decent pitching = better results. Think about it, Brewers.

JSOnline lineups:

BREWERS

2B Felipe Lopez

CF Mike Cameron

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

3B Casey McGehee

C Mike Rivera

RF Jason Bourgeois

RHP Yovani Gallardo

SS Alcides Escobar

ASTROS

CF Michael Bourn

SS Miguel Tejada

1B Lance Berkman

LF Carlos Lee

3B Geoff Blum

RF Hunter Pence

2B Kasuo Matsui

C Humberto Quintero

LHP Wandy Rodriguez

(Edit - I really do know the date - hawing)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Escobar's first start was yesterday, actually.

Melvin in the booth yesterday indicated that batting the pitcher 8th is, statistically, supposed to be worth about 3 extra wins per year. This is a view, I assume many here may believe has some merit, so I don't get the ridiculing of doing it.

Apparently someone woke up the offense. I guess that shows what patience will do, take a couple walks, get a Magruder-esque single, and have Yo help himself.

FWIW, if Quintero doesn't drop the ball or step out infront of the plate Casey was out. Easily.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I look at this half inning and it makes me think of the (paraphrased) quote "We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take it anymore."

Edit: Note that J.J. is not here to make multiple outs in the big inning.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hooray for putting up a snowman. It is kind of nice to be on the other end of these types of innings. This inning had it all, hustle, bad defense, plate discipline, and cookie pitches.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived