Brewer Fanatic

Rivera to start back to back games!

JohnBriggs12
If Kendall was playing defense the way he was last year, maybe it is at least a conversation for him to play this much. But he is not hitting or playing top notch defense. You have nothing to lose in playing Rivera more and a lot to gain with his offensive potential.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I think Kendall's game calling and defense are way over-rated by some, such as Bill Schroeder and Macha. Bring in Rivera please, offense and slugging is critical now. Moreover, Rivera's game calling and defense isn't that much worse than Kendall.

What would Rivera have to do in the next 2 games to get 3/5 starts? 4 HR, 3 BB and no outs?

He would have to "call as good of a game" as Kendall in the eyes of management -- which will be impossible since it's a completely subjective thing (and they love Kendall and want to kiss him).

What would Rivera have to do in the next 2 games to get 3/5 starts? 4 HR, 3 BB and no outs?

He would have to "call as good of a game" as Kendall in the eyes of management -- which will be impossible since it's a completely subjective thing (and they love Kendall and want to kiss him).

That good game calling has contributed the 3rd worst pitching staff in the league.

Chances Rivera also plays Thursday and again on Friday? I would say 0%. That is sad.
Chances that Braun and Fielder play on Thursday? I would say 0%. They have an off day...but your point that Rivera wont get to play on Wed and Fri making (gasp) 3 games in a row is sad.

Chances Rivera also plays Thursday and again on Friday? I would say 0%. That is sad.
Chances that Braun and Fielder play on Thursday? I would say 0%. They have an off day...but your point that Rivera wont get to play on Wed and Fri making (gasp) 3 games in a row is sad.
Crap I forgot about that off day.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I forgot about the off day, too, but only because I've stopped caring about the schedule. I didn't want to stop caring, I just did. Sort of like falling out of love.

If only that feeling could be bottled and sent to the Brewers with respect to Kendall . . .

Archived