Brewer Fanatic

Rivera to start back to back games!

JohnBriggs12

Wow, thats really cool. I wonder if its tied to the idea of Escobar batting 9th? Melvin said during the game today to Bill and Brian that this was Macha's idea, which suprises and pleases. Of course its probably just because of his big day today. he's earned the right to play more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

It's refreshing, at the very least. I did hear Melvin acknowledge the other day during an interview that Mike Rivera hadn't gotten any real chance to prove himself in his tenure with the Brewers. Maybe they're finally realizing their oversight in not playing "Mighty Mike" more often.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Great news. I'm very fine to go further and switch Kendall to the little used backup catcher the rest of the season. Rivera has proven to be a better bat than Kendall which is critical now. And if Rivera does well, he could provide the Brewers a much cheaper option to replace Kendall next season.

Kinda lame that it took Macha to feel that his job was in jeopardy to realize that Kendall and Rivera should at least be splitting time.
In Macha's defense, he was trying to stay away from the hotel beatings that will now ensue after sitting Kendall in back-to-back games. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.

Maybe Gritty Veteran Kendall will put his hand through the water cooler and bust a finger pregame. I can't wait to see him glaring/pouting on the bench all night.

Tonight could be the best lineup they field all year.

What are the chances Fielder gets the day off and Rivera starts at 1st?
If Macha turns in that lineup card he should be fired before he can return to the dugout but I could see him doing it. Finding a way to get Kendall into the game anyway possible even over Fielder. Just one of those moves that makes Attanasio step in like Yost having Shouse IBB Howard to face Burrell.

What are the chances Fielder gets the day off and Rivera starts at 1st?
I was about to say, Macha will probably turn this into a Victor Martinez deal. Kendall starts every other day at first and hits cleanup. That Prince guy doesn't do much anyways.

I was about to say, Macha will probably turn this into a Victor Martinez deal. Kendall starts every other day at first and hits cleanup. That Prince guy doesn't do much anyways.
Prince doesn't play the game the right way. Sure chicks dig the long ball, but if David Eckstein was our 1B the Crew would be in 1st place.

And now Kendall will start the next two. Macha is contradicting himself IMO. On one hand he says the players make out the lineup themselves in which case Rivera would continue to play. On the other hand, Kendall is going to start because he is 10 for 13 against Mueller and he's hitting .386 against whoever is pitching for the Astros on Sunday.

I hate small sample statistics that may have taken place over who knows how long of a period of time. Now if Kendall goes 0 for his next 8 against Mueller he will still get starts because he will still be batting close to .500. The more meaningful and current statistic would be that Rivera is hitting .500/.666 OBP over his last three games with 8 RBI. Which is as many RBI that Kendall has had in his last 32 games.

It's understandable that they wouldn't want to start Rivera three days in a row, but why does Kendall automatically get the next two?

Although if they would go: two starts Rivera, two starts Kendall, and keep alternating like that, I wouldn't have a beef with it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's understandable that they wouldn't want to start Rivera three days in a row
Why, because they might win 3 in a row? Or because Rivera is fatigued from starting so many games this year?

They seem to be extremely fearful of upsetting Kendall. I've never really understood why.

They seem to be extremely fearful of upsetting Kendall. I've never really understood why.
Have you heard his at bat song? Or looked at his tats? I'm pretty sure he smokes the bones of baby dolls and eats glass for breakfast. I'm pretty sure he'd punch you in the face just to see you cry. He's a scary guy.

Honestly, I say ride Rivera till he doesn't hit or just looks terrible on defense.

And then go with the equivalent... Kendall! Wait, what? The manager has selected him to start the vast majority of this season? Sorry, Brewers fans.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived