Brewer Fanatic

Madden 2010

B2k1121

We played the game... I feel horrible.

We had a really close game going where i went down to score a TD with about 2 minutes left to go up 21-20. Then I kicked off and chrisisoutrunning was driving to about the 50 yard line with less than a minute left when my internet connection went out. I was just a horrible way to end a great game.

We ended up playing again and I won 21-10, but i really think chrisisoutrunning would have won that first game. I'm sorry dude.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZZZ, for some reason you are no longer in the league. All you need to do to log back onto the league is hop on and use the password (stoutdude). It has happened to like 3 of my other friends as well. Not sure how. That said, I advanced the week. I sent HEX 2 messages that he was able to play his game while he was ON madden. He still didnt play his game.

Quick question... Do we have a gentleman's agreement regarding cheap plays (wr screens, constant no huddle, etc.)?
I try and play realistic and not play cheesy, same play over and over is what I consider cheesy. I don't really know what the issue with wr screens is? I barely use them and don't care if someone does against me, again, unless they do it every play that's just not fun. No huddle I think is fine as long as you don't do it every drive, teams use no huddle in real life. I've also noticed no huddle wears out our wr and ol pretty fast so I don't no that it's that big of an advantage or anything.

Quick question... Do we have a gentleman's agreement regarding cheap plays (wr screens, constant no huddle, etc.)?
I try and play realistic and not play cheesy, same play over and over is what I consider cheesy. I don't really know what the issue with wr screens is? I barely use them and don't care if someone does against me, again, unless they do it every play that's just not fun. No huddle I think is fine as long as you don't do it every drive, teams use no huddle in real life. I've also noticed no huddle wears out our wr and ol pretty fast so I don't no that it's that big of an advantage or anything.

No huddle in 2010 is much more accurate than it was in 2009. In 2009 you could constantly run no huddle and there were no penalties for it i.e. tired players. Regarding WR screens.... They are the worst and cheapest play in the game. The only way to effectively stop them is to manually move your LE/RE to the flat and cover the screen. If you don't it will be at least a 10 yard game every time. Even if your opponent runs 1 or 2 it basically eliminates your entire pass rush the rest of the game.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

ZZZ, for some reason you are no longer in the league. All you need to do to log back onto the league is hop on and use the password (stoutdude). It has happened to like 3 of my other friends as well. Not sure how. That said, I advanced the week. I sent HEX 2 messages that he was able to play his game while he was ON madden. He still didnt play his game.

His PS3 and Madden are always on. I'll try to figure out what's up.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Ive never had a problem stopping the WR screen, and I would say im not an incredibly good player.

They must be manually covered if you are playing someone who knows how to run them. There are a couple plays that can kinda stop them and jamming the receivers helps.

to stop a wr screen be in nickle/dime/quarter and run man to man and press the cornerbacks up. wr screen vs zone defense = not good.

and no huddle isn't a good idea, your WR could be out for 2-3 plays after you are done

Yea, ive never had a problem stopping it. I usually figure out what types of plays people run and learn to stop it. If a screen works people usually call the same plays out of the same formation. Call a defense that will stop it.

I never really had success running the wr screen prior to this discussion, but I called it a few times over a couple games to get used to where it would work. dabrew141 is absolutely correct, against a zone defense that only had one corner split out against two wrs, I broke one for 67 yards. Against man to man press it's useless. Without the press you may be able to get a few yards. What did surprise me though was against a Cover 2 where the corners cover the flats, you can still get good yardage as long as your 2nd wr gets out and gets a block on the corner.

Basically in the end it's not a cheap play, it's actually extremely realistic. The play gets run a ton in college (and works just about all the time) due to the amount of zone coverage and corners playing so far off the line in man, well those and the whole blocking down field rule...

If you run a dime cover 2 and press the receivers against the WR screen, it's almost a sure thing you'll be taking a pick back for a td. Since that's the def I run most often, I've never had an issue at all

The only thing I call cheesy is putting a skill position guy at fullback. I played against a guy who used Sproles at fullback and LT at halfback and that was impossible covering those guys in the flats

The only thing I call cheesy is putting a skill position guy at fullback. I played against a guy who used Sproles at fullback and LT at halfback and that was impossible covering those guys in the flats

If you see that you should realize that he is either doing a fullback run, or is planning to throw to the flats. Adjust accordingly.

I'm pretty sure I have to play someone this week (I don't know if the week has been advance yet, but it'd be for week 7), I think it may be you jjkoestler, but I could be wrong (sorry I'm at work at the thought popped into my head). Anyways, whoever I'm playing, PM so we can figure out when to play. If I'm off by a week, ignore this, sometimes my brain just completely shuts off...

No word from Southpaw. I sent a message and friend request via the PS network, and posted my number here. I'm fine with simming the game so long as I win.

No word from Southpaw. I sent a message and friend request via the PS network, and posted my number here. I'm fine with simming the game so long as I win.

I have been out of town for the weekend. I will kick him from the league and you will be able to play the cpu. Sorry for the trouble/wait.

EDIT: I have removed tootall from the league, so you can play your game. Tootall, if youd like to rejoin you may. It would be nice if I wouldnt have to kick anyone else out. Im sure I will have to. The sooner you can complete your game the better. Thanks for the wait again.

Archived