Brewer Fanatic

Madden 2010

B2k1121
I'd be interested in the PS3 online franchise, but I'm kind of unsure how it works in the sense of how often games would be played. I'm kind of short on free time right now, I was unemployed for a while and I'm now working two jobs to try to pay the bills and save for a wedding. So in the end, I have a night or two during the week and if I'm lucky one of the two weekend days. Would that be enough? Even if that's not often enough, I'm just interested in the details of how everything works.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will get about 4-7 days to play your game. If the human games are not played I have the option to simulate the rest of the weeks games. You dont lose your spot or get penalized, you just get your game simmed instead of playing it. It really seems like its a pretty sweet gig. Also, if you play the cpu, you can go online into the franchise schedule and play the cpu and any time. In order to play the human player you both have to be online obviously. I will work on getting everyones email address/phone number/aim. It will be YOUR responsibility to get the games in. Ive tried to be the mediator for getting games going on the show, and it was just too much work on my end. Any other questions? Ill answer them the best I can! This is my first as well, so im just waiting to get started and give it a shot.

I played my first game in our franchise yesterday. I'm not a fan of the accelerated clock. It goes way too fast. What are your thoughts of playing the traditional 5 minute quarters?
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

It does go fast doesnt it? Thats why I moved it to 6 min quarters. I thought that it might be good to make the games go quickly so you dont have to worry about knocking out an hours worth of your day. One thing I like about it, is the fact that it doesnt give players the option to run audible after audible, and hot route after hot route. Ive gotten used to the acc. clock, so im a bit biased. I will ask others what they think when they join. I havent played my game yet as im waiting a bit longer to give others a chance to join. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I am not sure if im able to change the quarter length, but I will let everyone play their first weeks game and then take a poll. If we decide to go traditional, and it doesnt allow me to change it mid season, we can just start over since wed only be one week in. How does that sound?

Sounds good to me. I am having some problems playing online games. I am living in grad student housing on campus and I can log on the playstation network/madden online, but I cannot connect with anyone to actually play a game. Same thing with Fight Night Round 4. I can play other games online though. I wonder if its some weird EA network thing.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Hmm, are you able to play other games online? Ive had that problem before and i redid my network set up and it worked fine(with cod4). I am constantly checking my wireless % to see what level its at. If its anywhere under 55% theres noway I can play anything online.

Hmm, are you able to play other games online? Ive had that problem before and i redid my network set up and it worked fine(with cod4). I am constantly checking my wireless % to see what level its at. If its anywhere under 55% theres noway I can play anything online.

Yes. I can play other games. It seems to be an EA thing. I'm hardwired so my network shouldn't be an issue.

I'm in in that case, since the Pack are gone, I'll take the Eagles, if they're gone, any of the Saints/Falcons/Chargers/Colts. My screen name online is skippyruns262.
You can join the league at any time. All of those teams are available except the Chargers I believe. He was thinking about changing his team though. So, feel free to join up.

Well, I just played my first game of the online franchise. Had the Pats for the first game. Its almost like the game wants the Pats to win. I user pick Brady on the first play and take it down to the 3. Lynch then proceeds to fumble(he has 92 ball carry). I stop them again and drive the field into the red zone again. I throw a pass that my receiver drops and the LB picks it off. Brady then goes on a tear and completes 12 of his last 16 passes or something. I was up 13-7 and picked him off in the end zone and took it to the house with like a minute left. I then threw a pick trying to run the score up. But wow...Brady is nearly unstoppable.

Thats good to hear. I dont do any of the offline stuff with madden, so it would be worthless to me as well. One thing that I kind of have mixed feelings about with the online franchise is this. My buddy was playing and got d/c twice. It let him restart the game each time. Im not sure if your able to just quit once your in the game and are able to start over, or what. But, im sure someone will try it sometime.

Feel free to start your first weeks games guys. I have bumped the quarters up to 7 min. I will be advancing the to week 2 on the 16th.

Any chance you can advance to week 2 before the 16th? I can't wait 5 more days! Mathias Kiwanuka (rated 85) is on the trading block. I need a LB, CB, or WR.

Any chance you can advance to week 2 before the 16th? I can't wait 5 more days! Mathias Kiwanuka (rated 85) is on the trading block. I need a LB, CB, or WR.
Since its week 1 I am going to wait a bit longer. I am still waiting on a few that said they wanted in. Like ZZZ, I sent him and invite but he hasnt plugged in his code yet http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif So once he does that I can shoot him an invite.

Archived