Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-13 Padres (Carrillo) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 12-9]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unbelievable!

what happened, for those of us following gameday and the IGT

Lopez goes back to catch a pop up to end the inning. Drops it, runner scores. Inning still going.

i sort of got that from the vague casey reference. sheesh, thanks for the info. Score 11 runs and now its trevor time

Lopez is extremely lackadaisical defensively, especially being in a contract year. This team is flat out bad, headed by the pitching staff and followed by the defense as of late. Allowing 28 runs (possibly more to come) in a 3 game series against a team like the Padres is disgusting.

...and it happened with Lopez trying to look cool and non-chalant

Please don't tell me you are one of those guys that complains when a major leaguer doesn't use two hands.

You're right, i would rather see them miss/drop routine pop-ups than use two hands.

...and it happened with Lopez trying to look cool and non-chalant

Please don't tell me you are one of those guys that complains when a major leaguer doesn't use two hands.

You're right, i would rather see them miss/drop routine pop-ups than use two hands.

How many people in the major leagues actually use two hands to catch the ball? I'm frustrated with this team too, but to say that he was trying to "look cool" is just nit picking.

It feels fitting a game in which we score 12 runs is still a relative nail biter. This pitching staff is woeful right now. My co-workers were excited when we jumped out to the huge lead and I still knew it wasn't going to be over. At least we kept tacking runs on, which is something we've had issues with in the past.

Now if we win tomorrow, that is what is called a winning streak. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

How many people in the major leagues actually use two hands to catch the ball? I'm frustrated with this team too, but to say that he was trying to "look cool" is just nit picking.

Did you see the play? The comment had nothing to do with using two hands. It had to do with not bothering to get under the ball and holding his glove on his side near his waist to (not) catch it. You don't like the "trying to look cool" comment...so is lazy, nonchalant, and lackadaisical acceptable criticism?

We had had two major league players drop the most rountine of pop-ups this season. That is simply pathetic. If they are this bad at defense, then they should, perhaps, act like routine plays are not routine.

By the third inning today, I realized that for once the Brewers were actually pounding a brand new MLB starter. That was novel, and nice.

I didn't get to pay my usual intense level of attention to this game because we had a group of the S.O.'s relatives with us. Fortunately, the home runs (hit by the home team) helped keep the youngsters in our group interested. I was also enjoying watching my nephew live the kid high life with bensheeps' family in the AirTran seats.

I did notice two things that (for me) really drove home the departure of J.J.:

1. His name was removed from the powerball list of top home run hitters.

2. They replaced the "have your photo taken with a life-sized cutout of J.J. Hardy" promotion with "have your photo taken in front of a Miller Park backdrop."

I know the roster move is still fresh, but there aren't enough photoshop skills in the organization to put another player in J.J.'s place in the U.S. Cellular concourse spot? Flat out sad.

Also (not related to J.J.), anyone remember the old Fernando Vina commercial where he says to "keep your mind on the drive"? For some reason it came to mind after the Lopez error. Come on, Felipe.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hawing

Besides the things you mentioned, we also noticed that the pre-game/starting lineup video clips no longer contain any shots of Hall or Hardy...although the Doorman is still present http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Yeah, my SO noticed a change in the music on Wednesday night for the middle of the first video. I was not there, but saw it Thursday. I pointed out it also changed to no longer show Hardy or Hall and that was probably why the music changed.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived