Brewer Fanatic

Bill Hall DFAed, Bourgeois called up

Invader3K
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the way Bourgeois has been hitting, I would think he earned a chance. Isn't that what people want to see happen?

Transitioning from CF to RF is not a big deal. They could possibly have Cameron play in RF a few games if they're that worried Bourgeois can't handle it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Heether has not played a single game in RF this season and that is where he would be asked to play. We are replacing Hall the OF'er not Hall the IF'er I would assume. Bourgeois plays CF so it would be nice to see what he could do out there in a couple games.
We already have Jody Gerut, who has been coming around lately. I think Heether was a much better call up than Bourgeois.

Transitioning from CF to RF is not a big deal. They could possibly have Cameron play in RF a few games if they're that worried Bourgeois can't handle it.
I don't think that moving the team's 3rd best player in order to make room for a below replacement level scrub is worthwhile.

With the way Bourgeois has been hitting, I would think he earned a chance. Isn't that what people want to see happen?

Since when is a mid 700 OPS in AAA good? That only gets you called up in a joke organization like this one.

Bourgeois hasn't played RF, and doesn't have the arm for the position.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I feel terrible for Heether. And he is still not on the 40 man so he won't even get a cup of coffee in September? I feel for the guy. I would like to think the versatility/production make me not a homer for rooting for the guy who came in the system.

Heether has not played a single game in RF this season and that is where he would be asked to play. We are replacing Hall the OF'er not Hall the IF'er I would assume. Bourgeois plays CF so it would be nice to see what he could do out there in a couple games.
We already have Jody Gerut, who has been coming around lately. I think Heether was a much better call up than Bourgeois.
Gerut is nice for CF but he is a lefty and Cat is our lefty RF'er. Bourgeois can play RF some nights whereas Heether has played no RF all year and from what I can gather only 17 games in LF. That is a tough transition. We have only have two right-hand hitting OF'ers right now with Hart on the DL and Bourgeois gives us that.

Edit - I see where X said that Bourgeois has played no right field and does not have the arm for the position and if that is true than this does not make as much sense. But Heether has not even played the position so he is not the guy who should have been brought up either.

I never disliked Bill Hall the way I do Kendall, but it was time to let him go. He has a better chance of resurrecting his career as a utility guy with another team. Maybe he'll end up a Wes Helms type with more versatility and better defense. Good luck to him. Hope he goes to the AL.

Since when is a mid 700 OPS in AAA good? That only gets you called up in a joke organization like this one.
You're looking only at one stat and being disingenuous. He's clearly not a power hitter and has never been billed as one. He's hitting over .315 and OBP over .350. Sure those numbers will drop, but I can't see him being worse than Hall offensively.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

well can't say Bill Hall was not given his chances and it about time we bring up a OF and he should get playing time over the Cat and the other great OF Gerut. I think this offseason will be hugh for Mark A and the Brewers and their fans

We owe Hall for the remainder of this years contract, 8.4 million next year and a 500k buyout for the following year.

Even if they work out a trade the Brewers will likely be on the hook for most of that money.

Mark A just eat over 9 million dollars on Billy Hall.........wow have times changed at Miller Park.

Well, since the news bubble came and gone without a Kendall release, I assume that isn't going to happen today. Hopefully today is like Christmas Eve, where we get to open up a bunch of presents. And tomorrow is Christmas, where Santa leaves us one more to open.

You're looking only at one stat and being disingenuous. He's clearly not a power hitter and has never been billed as one. He's hitting over .315 and OBP over .350. Sure those numbers will drop, but I can't see him being worse than Hall offensively.

I'm not being diesingenuous at all. Heether's OBA is .407, in what alternate universe is .354>.407?

Runs Scored is produced from OBA and Slugging %, and Bourgeois is completely inferior to Heether at both.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'm not being diesingenuous at all. Heether's OBA is .407, in what alternate universe is .354>.407?

Runs Scored is produced from OBA and Slugging %, and Bourgeois is completely inferior to Heether at both.

But where is Heether going to play right now? I agree completely he looks like a better hitter than Bourgeois, but he is not an OF'er. He could provide depth in the IF so I would be up for that but you cannot call up a guy who has played all of 17 games in LF and ask him to be your starting RF'er. Heether deserves a look, but the Brewers mistake was not not calling him up now, it was not having him play more LF and RF the past couple months to make him our version of Mark DeRosa

If we had to eat one Contract rather Eat Suppan deal that hall
Why? Hall brought absolutely nothing to this team. At least before he got hurt Soup was pitching okay for a number 5 starter. It makes sense to assume Soup hurt his arm around the Pitt start July 22. In that start and the one following he gave up 15 runs in 8 innings jumping his ERA from a very respectable 4.43 to a 5.27. Yes he is paid too much but I would rather pay too much to a guy who is contributing and helping us win games than Bill Hall.

I completely disagree with this. We have plenty of people who can replace Hall, we actually don't have anyone to replace Suppan right now. We need a pitcher worse than a utility player.

Why? Hall brought absolutely nothing to this team. At least before he got hurt Soup was pitching okay for a number 5 starter. It makes sense to assume Soup hurt his arm around the Pitt start July 22. In that start and the one following he gave up 15 runs in 8 innings jumping his ERA from a very respectable 4.43 to a 5.27. Yes he is paid too much but I would rather pay too much to a guy who is contributing and helping us win games than Bill Hall.

Hall's WAR 0.2 Suppan's WAR -0.3

But what was Suppan's WAR before his injury and pair of bad starts, I bet it was over 0.2 by a good bit.

I'd rather eat the Hall deal as well but if I could just make one of the two deals go away and not have to pay it, I'd rather have Suppan's go away.

Archived