Brewer Fanatic

Bill Hall DFAed, Bourgeois called up

Invader3K

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is designating Hall for assignment desperate? Hall is terrible and seeing what we have in Bourgeois makes some sense. He is a natural OF'er unlike Hall anyway.
I agree. I will always have a soft spot for Hall, but he's a lost cause as a Brewer at this point. See what Bourgeois can do.

I'm excited by these moves...the team isn't being complacent (something people were crying about just this morning), and they are at least shaking things up.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I definitely smell a rebuild for the Crew around Ryan Braun. I dont know if they'll be able to sign Fielder long term, as a lot of teams will be drooling over him, and Scott Boras really likes money, even more than most people. If love to see him in a Cubs uniform come 2011, but by that time, their will be a lot of competiton.

This isn't all that surprising considering the Yost firing in the middle of a playoff race last year. Although I don't think he ever copped to it, I believe it was reported that it was Mark A's call, and I see him behind these moves as well.

I think the poster meant the overall flury of head-chopping today -- not so much this unique transaction.
Yes, although Hall is still an above-replacement level player, which I don't believe Jason Bourgeois is likely to be.

And Melvin still didn't make the most obvious move of all and cut Kendall. Disappointing, but let's hope he gets that done today too.

I definitely smell a rebuild for the Crew around Ryan Braun. I dont know if they'll be able to sign Fielder long term, as a lot of teams will be drooling over him, and Scott Boras really likes money, even more than most people. If love to see him in a Cubs uniform come 2011, but by that time, their will be a lot of competiton.
I think the Yankees and the Red Sox would have more money than the Cubs would be able to throw at Fielder at that time.

Adam Heether should demand his release. The Brewers don't have a clue, and it shoes in their record. Heether has an OPS 150 poibts higher than Bourgeois. What a joke.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Are we going to be on the hook for Hall's contract next year?

Yes, but he won't use up a 25-man roster spot that could be filled with someone who could help the team.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I don't think it's desperation. Desperation is trying to sign a bunch of veterans to salvage this season. This looks more like a wake up call with an eye towards next season. The only thing I really question is sending Hardy to Triple-A. I'm not sure that I see how it helps the team in the short or long term to have him there.

Heether has not played a single game in RF this season and that is where he would be asked to play. We are replacing Hall the OF'er not Hall the IF'er I would assume. Bourgeois plays CF so it would be nice to see what he could do out there in a couple games.

Archived