Brewer Fanatic

Bill Castro fired, Bosio called up

Diskono
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their purpose is to get fired when the GM puts together a bad team. I am not trying to say that any guy off the street could do their job. I just think the difference between the best and worst coaches is so small it really doesn't matter. We are talking about MLB players, not players still learning the game. I also believe that coaches probably had a much bigger impact a decade(probably more) ago before video of every single PA was readily available and easy to access.

Managers can make a huge difference. The really sad thing is that most are so stuck doing things "by the book" that they all end up being pretty similar and making little difference.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

There is not one pitcher on this staff that has gotten better and many have regressed dramatically like Parra and Looper. Meanwhile Maddux has guys like Hunter and Feldman doing real nice work. Its obvious to me that Castro was doing a terrible job.
But how many of them were actually expected to get better? Parra and? At 34 Looper should have been expected to regress. Bush and Suppan both faced injuries, and Gallardo was coming off a year where he only threw 24 innings.

I am sick of people saying that Castro is just a scapecoat in all of this! Granted, he is not the sole reason why we stink this year, but again, if he was any good to begin with, he wouldn't have been stuck as a bullpen coach for 17 years.
Another way to look at it is that considering the high turnover rate of coaches, keeping a coaching job for 17 years means he must be good.

With this being Yo first Full season and Parra getting his second i can not say if that Catro Fault for not making them Better.

But to think your Pitching Coach is going to get more out of 3 career 500 Pitchers is unfair.Looper giving up so far 29 HR is way out of Wack.

Professional golfers pay coaches to help them. I don't know why it should be so surprising that some coaches can actually provide some insight into how a pitcher can improve, or get back to where they have previously had success. Castro didn't do anything to retain his job, and I agree that Parra coming back from AAA with some improvement after spending time with Bosio was the death knell for Castro's time here.

Not only is Kendall the worst offensive player, I'm starting to question his pitch calling. How much of the staff's faults are also his fault? Parra has looked good since:

He's gone down to work with Bosio

and/or

He now has Rivera catching him

I find it interesting that the worst performance Parra's had since coming back is the one that Kendall caught.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived