Brewer Fanatic

When is the right time to sit Kendall??

Weirdos19
I believe that humans in general cannot avoid working against their best interests at times. There's a real blind spot at times--Kendall gets an overabundance of patience, while Gerut is buried despite long term proof that the results will actually turn out quite the opposite. And what I don't really get is that Kendall is played even against conventional wisdom concerning catcher health/resting needs. Rivera needs to play 25% of the time minimally--although if I had my druthers Rivera would play 50%.

I am still surprised anybody thought Kendall would play less this year. Macha started Kendall a ton of games when they were both in Oakland. He even stated before the season that he would be starting him almost every day during the stretch run.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

How does Hardy get sent down yet the worst offensive player in baseball who has shown nothing all season gets to stay. Kendall better be gone soon. I have never hated watching a guy bat as much as I hate watching Kendall. His time has clearly come and gone. This organization gains nothing by keeping him around.

Why can't Kendall be the one who was DFA's today? What have we, as fans, done to deserve this?
Easy answer. He has worse people who take his place. Kendall has Rivera and Salome. Hardy has Escobar who has a higher OPS than Salome and is amazing defensively. Hall has McGehee, Counsell, Lopez, Hart when healthy, Cat and even Gamel to replace him.

Kendall will be gone in the off-season and could be gone today I guess but most like in two plus weeks he will begin to play less when Salome gets his call up.

Salome's AAA OPS is only marginally worse than Escobar's, but who cares? Kendall is hitting far worse than Hardy was. Also, Hardy may be around next year, Kendall won't (or better not be). Playing JJ could conceivably have accomplished something, playing Kendall accomplishes nothing. Let Rivera, Salome, and Lucroy get the PT down the stretch and let Kendall collect his check while he sits at home. There is absolutely no reason to have Kendall play another inning for the Brewers. I'd rather see Carlos Corporan and his .501 AAA OPS get the playing time, at least he might have a future. Kendall has no future and is unbelievably awful right now. No harm would come from getting rid of him.

I swear that Kendall has some sort of incriminating eveidence against the brewer org, that can be the only explanation why he continues to play. Melvin, Yost, Sveum and Macha all refuse to sit him down no matter his production.

I've heard interviews with Melvin and he really thinks Kendall is something special. He alluded to his pitching days in the minors and from personal experience knew how critical it was to be comfortable with the person behind the plate. Of coarse there is no statistical evidence to back this claim.

It's absurd.

What's magical about September? So Kendall can keep a roster spot all year? What benefit does that have?

40-man roster, service time, all that jazz. If you're going to argue that Kendall doesn't deserve a roster spot and should be cut today, I'm not sure that I can make a good counter.

I've heard interviews with Melvin and he really thinks Kendall is something special. He alluded to his pitching days in the minors and from personal experience knew how critical it was to be comfortable with the person behind the plate. Of coarse there is no statistical evidence to back this claim.

It's absurd.

I wonder then why Melvin thought it was a good idea to get Estrada from Zona.

Kendall has some value as a back-up catcher. He's a better catcher than most of the back-ups in MLB. I would hope the Brewers could get something for him in a waiver wire trade, maybe a young pitcher coming off an injury who has a high ceiling or something...

I'll bet $20 that Rivera still doesn't start again until Parra's next start. Any takers?

Glad nobody took me up on this. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It only took til mid August, but it looks like management might finally be learning what many here have known for quite a while.

Archived