Brewer Fanatic

Do you think the Brewers are still 'in it'?

dbo
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That 9-4 loss to the Braves at home on July 24th that put them 3.5 back a week before the trade deadline, right after they'd lost a series to the Pirates, made me feel they were out of it but I still had hopes they could make a run.

At 9 back, those hopes are pretty much dashed now, and since I can't stand the Cards or the Cubs, I don't relish playing spoiler for either one, which seems all September could be entertaining for, at best.

I knew going in this season that the playoffs seemed unlikely, but this is still disappointing since I thought they could make September interesting.

I was hoping we'd be ok and have a fine month of August to put us back in it. That has not happened. Our pitching is a disaster. As of this post, we are 9.5 games out with no signs of catching fire and St.Louis just keeps going. There is absolutely no way this team goes to the playoffs this year. I've totally given that hope up at this point. I'm just hoping we can somehow manage to finish 3-4 games over .500 but that seems tough to do right now as well. Sign me up for the "Done Club".
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'd love to see them make some kind of stand for .500 in a rough September (I don't see the pitching magically becoming that much better--although the return of Bush/Suppan/Arroyo? Harang? could help--but whatever), but it'd almost be more frustrating if they get a hot streak next month against some good teams and finish just a few out of a playoff spot after going (so far) 6-10 versus the likes of the Pirates, Padres, and Nationals the last couple months.

There really can't be anyone else on this board thinking the crew has any type of chance.I think finally everyone has come to the same facts this team will struggle to get to 500 by the end of the year. what got me is i seen some players look like their going through the motions last night.

Archived