Brewer Fanatic

Do you think the Brewers are still 'in it'?

dbo
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PECOTA has our playoff odds up to 2.2% with most of that coming from winning the division!

The big problem is the pure number of teams we have to pass for the wild card. While I don't think they are really good teams overall(NL is just weak in general), I'd say at least 2 or 3 of them plays .500 or better the rest of the way which makes them very hard to catch at this point.

Problem is, the Cards are playing all the crap teams, too.
Yeah, that's the thing...Cards have probably an equally "easy" schedule compared to the Brewers...but the difference is they have two top five pitchers in their rotation.

I just hope the Brewers keep winning and continue to keep things interesting down the stretch.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

yeah, now that we got back to .500 the (temporary) goal needs to be "start building up the record". Win every series, with a sweep here and there; get to 5-10 games over .500 and then we'll talk about being "in the race." There are just too many teams above us right now. Unless we win series with some sweeps included in there, it's virtually impossible.

Yes, I know this is easier said than done.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It's just good to see 3 wins in a row -- regardless of our playoff chances.

This is my only thought as well. It's nice to not be disgusted while watching the Brewers again. Although Looper starts today, so that all could end quickly.

We would have to go on a tear until the end of August and then win every series against Chicago and St. Louis in September with a sweep of each thrown in. Winning 2 of 3 against a team only makes up one game.

This thread has posts in it every single day since it was started except the 14th. It never went away.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Community Moderator
Looks like the combination of "black Wednesday" and the minor bullpen moves are working, at least so far. Even if the Brewers are "in it", I still don't see them making it. However, they could get that 3rd consecutive winning season if they keep this up.

Not a chance. We don't have the arms, remember?

Funny how this thread has been resurrected after a three game streak.

To be fair, I still thought they had no chance even after the winning streak.

Is Braden Looper still in the rotation?

Then no.

Looper left the game today with the lead. Not sure why he's the sole target of your criticism.

Just because they had the lead doesn't mean he pitched well. His W-L record has been hyper-inflated by good run support -- truth is that the team should have a lot better record in games he's pitched in than they do, because the offense has usually put up some decent numbers. He's been pretty awful this year and should be seen as a constant reminder that the pitching still stinks, when people get excited about a 3-game winning streak.

The Cards are one of the better teams in the NL right now. A healthy Carpenter and the addition of Holliday puts them as the class of the division. If we get rolling, I could see us passing the Cubs...they really aren't that good with a bunch of tired arms in that rotation. The Brewers just don't have the arms. The only thing that will help our overworked bullpen is a long offseason. I wouldn't say we're completely out of it, but it's close. We'd need to get on a serious tear in the next two weeks...11 or 12 of 13 to get back in it. Not impossible, but highly doubtful.

Just because they had the lead doesn't mean he pitched well. His W-L record has been hyper-inflated by good run support -- truth is that the team should have a lot better record in games he's pitched in than they do, because the offense has usually put up some decent numbers. He's been pretty awful this year and should be seen as a constant reminder that the pitching still stinks, when people get excited about a 3-game winning streak.
His ERA is 5.03, he was the #5 starter coming into the year.

Parra's is 6.44, he was the #2 or #3 starter coming into the year.

I don't think Looper is the problem.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Looper giving up a major leading 30 Hr is not a solyion we need

What?

Anyway, like I said earlier, it's pretty clear the Brewers are realistically out of it. I just hope they can somehow keep things interesting into September...I have tickets for five more games this season, and would like to see the team at least have a chance to win those games.

The offense has to put up double digit runs every team to give themselves a chance to win. It has to be frustrating being Braun or Fielder, standing in the field, and watching the pitchers on the team putting you behind almost every inning.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived