Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-08 Brewers (Parra) at Astros (Hampton) : 6:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 12-5]

hawing

My last few ghetto efforts to fill in for pretendastronaut have worked out OK...so here's hoping.

Your Milwaukee Brewers try once again to return to .500, with Manny Parra facing Mike Hampton (per brewers.com), an apparent fill-in while Roy Oswalt's back strain heals.

Brewers, I'll be at my high school reunion and would like to not have to apologize for you all evening. So please don't quit on us tonight. Thanks!

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Laura/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.jpghttp://rlv.zcache.com/milwaukee_brewers_manny_parra_mug-p168590797696533145tr4f_210.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Here are the lineups:

Brewers
2B Felipe Lopez
CF Mike Cameron
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
3B Casey McGehee
RF Bill Hall
SS J.J. Hardy
C Mike Rivera
LHP Manny Parra

Astros
2B Kaz Matsui
3B Jeff Keppinger
RF Hunter Pence
LF Carlos Lee
SS Miguel Tejada
C Ivan Rodriguez
CF Jason Michaels
1B Chris Coste
LHP Mike Hampton

My prediction: With Rivera at catcher, Parra will get a "quality start"

Would've been nice to get more than one run considering both Lopez and Cam got on to start the game, but Cam did do a good job of keeping the inning alive by breaking up a would-be DP from Fielder. First inning runs are always nice to have.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Nice slide by Cam gets a run across after Casey gets a two out hit. Bille hit that one well and for a second, I thought it was out.

Maybe if Billy would stop posing for every flyout that he hits...

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

he was for sure out. Rock said something about Fischer not being able to see down the line and sending them anyway.

Right, and he even said that Fischer indicated he'd need to be more conservative because of that. Let's see, Hardy running, no outs, can't see the ball, gotta be more conservative...decision=send him http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Almost Human Rain Delay time. Delay under the dome! Hopefully Manny can at least get Brewer Killer Blum out here.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Chris Smith had to be confused at pitching in a game where we are winning, considering he has been designated mop up guy. Jesus in the 9th?
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived