Brewer Fanatic

Vicente Padilla DFA'd

DHonks

per mlb.com. He's better than several in our rotation. Is he better than Suppan or Looper? Apparently it was because he wasn't meshing well with his teammates

edit-added "Vicente" to thread title.

Wouldn't mind him on a minor league deal. Actually, wouldn't really mind him in the rotation, but he'd be pushed to the pen as soon as Bush and Gazpacho came back. Not that he'd be a terrible addition to the pen. Then again, if he's a headcase, probably not worth the trouble.

I'd take him. Why not? Because Suppan and Bush are coming back? He's clearly better than Suppan. He's probably at least on par with Looper. He's 2-0 with a 2.00 ERA against the NL in 3 interleague starts.

Texas has a plethora of young starters, one of whom, McCarthy is about to return from injury. They didn't need Padilla the rest of the way.

what the brewers SHOULD HAVE DONE at the deadline was get a quality reliever who can hold the lead for you. Stetter and Coffey will not last till the end of the season at this rate.

Ex. Jeremy Affedlt (SFO) 23 Holds 1.71 ERA....we could trade a couple decent minor leaguers

But sure Padilla would have fit in well, but you could have said that about several starters in the majors right now.

haha you are right. But I'd love to have anyone like him. What we need, is to find a guy, like him, who plays on a crap team

say...Arthur Rhodes (CIN) 17 Holds 2.15 ERA???

what the brewers SHOULD HAVE DONE at the deadline was get a quality reliever who can hold the lead for you. Stetter and Coffey will not last till the end of the season at this rate.
That would have been prospects wisely spent because this team is 1 reliever away...

Seriously... lets fix the rotation before wasting any more money or prospects on the bullpen

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

well you have a valid point about the prospects. But t me, it seems that Doug Melvin and Ken Macha for that matter, have not given up, but leaned away from helping the starting rotation. I think this becuase, we really did not do anything good enough at the deadline to even help it. I mean Carl Pavano, Padilla, Washburn, and Gorzallany were all just sitting out there. So if they wont try to help the rotation.....why not our other big problem...bulpen

Ranger players were shaking hands and congratulating Jon Daniels after finally getting rid of this total loser. Worst teammate and/or clubhouse guy in all of MLB. Universally hated by opponents, teammates, management, and front office. You can have him.

Archived