Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy's Home/Away splits

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Anyone notice Lucroy's drastic home/away splits? He's got a .934 OPS on the road and a measly .569 at home.

Any particular reason anyone can think of for such a big variance?

Maybe he just needs to get out of Huntsville.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?pos=C&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=518960

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I was pondering this earlier. Huntsville's been playing pretty neutral as of late, as far as I can recall. What makes it more unusual is that no one else on the team has such drastic home/road splits. Whatever it is, I see no reason for him to repeat the level next year.

I thought Lucroy would put up huge numbers at Huntsville this year, so it's interesting to see the drastic split in his home/away numbers. I know we're all very happy to see his bat starting to come around, as if he keeps up his recent pace he's going to finish the season with some very good numbers. The cumulative slugging percentage is the only number right now that doesn't look all that impressive, but I know I'm not the only one that has brought up the fact that Corey Hart won the MVP in this league with a sub-.800 OPS a few years back.

I agree that he doesn't need to repeat AA next year, and I'm sure the Brewers also recognize just how well he's hitting this year even if his numbers haven't been particularly gaudy.

I brought this up a little while ago. The reason would most likely be his .198 BABip at Huntsville and he also has a very high ground ball rate at home.

That's not really a reason as much as it is evidence he's not getting as good wood on balls at home as he is on the road.

The reason could be anything from pure chance to more "distractions" in Huntsville than on the road.

BABIP is not a cause, it's an effect.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived