Brewer Fanatic

The Safe House....

razzzorsharp

It's a good, kitschy sort of time. They have some pretty tasty drink concoctions and you can have a fun time looking around for all the secrets. We ate there once and it was pretty tasty. I wouldn't hang out there on a regular basis, but it's a must go at least once.

Check it out once or twice. It's very different than most Water St. bars. The average age is 30.

I'm sure many on this board know the password, but it's a lot more fun the first time if you don't know. That being said, nobody should tell RS the password http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Agreed about not telling him the password. Going through the doors sans password is one of the charms of the place.
That assumes you can find the door. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

It's a neat place to bring out of towners and a good place to start off the night. Lots of interesting decor. Definitely not a run of the mill place.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

the food is not that great. You definitely have to play the game the first time to get it. If you order one of their specialty drinks, you can keep the glass and get cheap refills the rest of the night. Its very much a tourist bar. I went during the harley reunion last summer and had a great time. Probably have only been there a half dozen times. They have a dj during weekend and a dance floor. Also if you are there to catch a bachelor / baccalaureate party there its quite an experience to watch what they do for them.

Haha suckers, someone gave me the password

Lame. That is all.

It's been a while since I have been there, but I know sometimes people have the exact phrasing of the "password" wrong. There is one word in there that catches people some times.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

all I know is that if I'm going to be forced to learn a "password" or forced to do something funny/embarrassing just to get into the restaurant, then that food better be one of the very best meals I have ever tasted.

Gimmick restaurants are fine but it better make memories that last for a long time and make me want to come back again.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It's not really a password, but a pass-phrase. I've never been told that I said wrong with the password, and have always been admitted without the Mickey Mouse charades, but I still don't know if the first word(s) is supposed to be a contraction or not. Is that the tricky part that was mentioned earlier?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
all I know is that if I'm going to be forced to learn a "password" or forced to do something funny/embarrassing just to get into the restaurant, then that food better be one of the very best meals I have ever tasted.

Gimmick restaurants are fine but it better make memories that last for a long time and make me want to come back again.

It's more bar than restaurant.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

then that food better be one of the very best meals I have ever tasted.

It won't be. It probably wouldn't even make the top 20 among restaurants within a 6 block radius. Nobody really goes there for the food.

I went there last week, not willingly. I forgot to tell my buddy who had never been there the password until we were in the foyer or whatever it's called. So I was forced to do the little dance because sharing the password is frowned upon. That wasn't really a big deal but it was early in the evening and there were a bunch of kids running around and tourists howling and clapping at the closed circuit TV and I was really annoyed by the whole thing.

the only time i went there i went through the secret entrance...i didn't even know it until no one bugged me about the password. finding the bathroom can be a treat too, especially when you've waited to long to use it...

I went before softball yesterday and like others have said, the food was ok, the place was unigue, and the other people in my face while I was eating was annoying. I never had to give a password and I had to wait for 20 minutes for a table when it was dead so I guess theres a tradeoff.

• 3 weeks later...

Had our first stop at the Safe House yesterday for lunch. Our party of a 4 yr old, 11 yr old, 13 yr old, my wife and I enoyed doing Ring Around the Rosie to get in (seemed only parties with children were asked to perform).

Food was ok; decor was interesting. We'll probably go back.

Archived