Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-04 Brewers (Gallardo) at Los Angeles (Kuroda) : 9:10 PM CT [Brewers lose, 17-4]

Rock said something about a bunch of police rushing into the Dodger locker room is probably what he meant. I don't think Prince rushed their lockroom.

Macha getting Yost-like snippy in press conference

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read DodgerBlues...I love how those guys think Chris Smith has enough control to "go" for Ramirez's wrists. Dudes.

None of it even makes sense--Ramirez had his first RBI in 11 games tonight, the Brewers aren't in the division or even competing with the Dodgers right now and there's still a game tomorrow while the Brewers are hanging on a string to their playoff hopes. Why on Earth would they plunk Ramirez much less try and injure him? Get off the grassy knoll, Dodger fans.

Macha getting Yost-like snippy in press conference
Yes, Macha is getting very annoyed and irritated with the reporters. I personally liked when he dragged on about the reporter who called Prince Cecil. "It's Prince, not Cecil. He was an all-star this year..."

They just reported on FSN that there was a medical emergency after the game in the area between the two clubhouses, that is why the security guards and medical personnel were rushing there.

I think Prince was just frustrated and may have said a couple words after the game. Don't know if it was anything more or less than that.

Yeah, I will be somewhat frustrated if there is not some sort of response tomorrow. I am not talking about causing physical harm. I think the Brewers need to respond with some early runs or some pitches that come inside. After this, the Brewers cannot afford to have another beating and showing no emotion....they have to respond somehow or else, put a fork in them!

Well that was a fun night at the ballpark. Bigger crowd tonight and they had plenty to cheer about. Yo was just flat out off, but Kuroda wasn't sharp either. As silly as it sounds a few plays here and there early and maybe it stays a ballgame. Everyone around me was wondering why they hit and then put Gallardo back out there when he obviously didn't have it. I mentioned they hadn't seen how bad our bullpen is...next thing you know it's 17-4. Part of me wanted to rip Macha, but the guy is trying to plug holes on a sinking ship. I thought we might be 1-1 after 2, but didn't expect Kershaw and Yo to struggle that bad.

Not sure what Mota was thinking or if he was ordered to do it by Torre. Completely classless. I wouldn't read into the drunks behind homeplate. The couple people still around us at the end had the same reaction Fielder had. There was no way Smith was throwing at Manny nor did anyone around us think he did. I checked the replay on my DVR and even Vin was puzzled. With the Dodgers cruising to the playoffs do they really want to get start a beanball war with a team going nowhere. I'm afraid there will be blood tomorrow night. Manny will get hit. Just stupid.

http://sammagonline.blogs...7/12/piazza-vs-mota.html

Mota's a coward. I think we all know that already.

I can imagine that informed his "performance" this evening. According to Witrado, Prince and Mota were friends last year; I feel kinda bad for M-M-M-M-ota's In, all things considered.

Never knew Torre was such a thin-skinned punk. I mean, come on.

Apparently Prince was a little miffed-

http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/archives/2009/08/fielder_stopped_at_door_of_dod.html

I wasn't planning on watching tomorrow... but I just might have to now!

Predictions for the brawl-

-Hardy will swing and miss. A lot.

-Gerut will take one swing and instinctively head back to the dugout.

-Looper will get 4 and 2/3 good swings in, and then forget how to punch.

Usually I scorn all things Yankee, and would dislike Joe Torre as a result; but I've always tried to cut him a bit of slack, seeing as he was a Milwaukee Brave and all. Not anymore.

More related to the game, I'm surprised so much happened after I went to bed (when it was still 0-4).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Lost amid all the Fielder hubub, funny story from last night. I'm with a local buddy from LA. We had seats a few rows behind the Dugout Club by the Brewers on deck circle. My buddy sees 4 people walk in wearing some rather loud T-shirts. He points them out and makes a joke...I look over and you guessed it...Remetee shirts. I had to fill him in on the backstory. They go all the way down close to the front row and seemed to know a couple of the players including Rivera. One big guy was rather tatooed up. Those shirts are hilarious.

We has a small Braun contingent a few rows in front of us as well...no Remetees there.

Archived