Brewer Fanatic

Nyjer Morgan: Do people here like him?

I completely disagree with the people that say Morgan isn't a good player. Some people just "get it" later than others.

To say he and Gwynn are the same type of player is laughable. Gwynn is decent, but Morgan can dominate a game with his speed. This is the reason OPS isn't the ideal stat to go by. His speed in the outfield took away numerous shots to the gaps last week. He was terrific.

Now he has approx 400 at bats right now and is hitting .300 with 30 steals. That would look good atop any lineup.

Apparently, I don't like Nyjer Morgan nearly as much as some. He is an adequate CF.

The Florida Marlins are likely looking to move Cody Ross in the offseason. I think he could be an adequate replacement with very little cost. (I can't imagine him costing much more than a low level prospect)

Archived