Brewer Fanatic

Webb idea!

Brandon Webb has one year and 8.5 million left on his contract. The DBacks can buy that year out for 2 million. If the DBacks are leaning toward buying Webb out, would it make sense to check and see if they would deal him before they buy him out? It would save Arizona two million and net them a couple of prospects. He could be great for us.

I would be very leery of adding Webb. He's having shoulder surgery & I would definitely want to wait to see just how bad the shoulder is, structurally, before even considering him at $8.5M
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Dbacks are dumb to buy him out. If they buy him out, he likely pitches for someone else and they're $2 million in the hole. Instead for $8.5 million they hold onto him and see if he makes it back by May. Having him is better than not. Plus, insurance likely covers part of his contract.

Instead of giving Webb $2 million, they could give us Webb and $1 million. Then thet still save $1 million, and we have Webb for essentially $7.5 million.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived