Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-03 Brewers (Parra) at Los Angeles (Kershaw) : 9:10 PM CT [Brewers win, 6-5]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone else think Manny should have been out of this game after the 7th (pinch-hitter) or definitely after the 8th? Sure he was pitching well but he got a lot of help from defense tonight. It was bound to catch up with him. I have questioned Macha's bullpen (and pitching in general) management all year.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Does anyone else think Manny should have been out of this game after the 7th (pinch-hitter) or definitely after the 8th? Sure he was pitching well but he got a lot of help from defense tonight. It was bound to catch up with him. I have questioned Macha's bullpen (and pitching in general) management all year.

No I think Parra was going just fine. Macha was right to leave him in. My heart just stopped by the way.

No, I thought it was worth it to send him out for the 9th. His pitch count was still decent, and he cruised through the 7th and 8th.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Of course Andre "walk off" Ethier is up.

I think I would rather have Andre "walk off" Ethier then Manny with the bases loaded. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I also don't like bringing in Hoffman with men on base. I know our closer is supposed to be our best relief pitcher but he always seems to struggle with men on base. It just seems like his stuff is best with nobody on. I don't know who else we would've brought in there (Coffey pitched past couple of games) but I would much rather have just had Hoffman start the inning.

edit: guess it doesn't matter.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Glad we won . . . actually, relieved we won.

I am not making these statements in hindsight, but I really was upset that Ken Mach let Manny Parra face that second batter in the 9th inning. As soon as the leadoff guy got on base, Macha should have pulled him IMMEDIATELY.

Once again, I don't like seeing Hoffman pitch against the Dodgers because they have seen him a million times. Someone else should have been in there once it became obvious that Hoffman was not dominating them.

Congratulations to Manny Parra. He really showed great command and mental poise out there. I really really hope he has turned a corner today.

EDIT: Can you say defensive replacement for Bill Hall late in the game? He looked a little shaky and was never really camped under the flyballs cleanly.

Archived