Brewer Fanatic

anyone worried about Gamel?

BREWCREW5
Lucroy has. Check what Lucroy has done for the last two months after his bad start. He deserves promotion, its just what to do with Salome.
I actually agree with you on Lucroy. Now would be a great time to bump Lucroy as Salome was nicked up for a while and has struggled as a whole with the bat this year. Unless Money is just overly harsh on his players we know Salome's defense wont be ready next year, so it would be nice to know exactly what we have with Lucroy. I feel like one, hopefully Salome, gets moved with Hart or Hardy for pitching this fall.

Hard to believe how bad Gamel has been since getting sent back down. Did he just completely lose all his confidence? Hitting .152 in his last 10 games, according to milb.com. You almost wonder if he could use a stint on the DL just to take a break and maybe get his head back in the game.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Handling is one thing, but that's no excuse for his fairly average second half last year. I wonder if he's hurt.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

He's such an important part of this team's future, I still can't believe how badly he was allowed to be handled.
I know we've disagreed on this before and I don't want to rehash everything that's been already discussed to death in regard to Gamel's MLB stint. I would agree he was probably up too long, when it was apparent he would not play regularly after a certain point. That said, it would be disappointing if anytime Gamel faces a bit of career adversity, his productivity at the plate is going to go into the toilet like it is right now.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Oh, agreed esp. on that last point, Invader, but I think if you put yourself in Mat's shoes it isn't hard to see how his confidence might be pretty low at the moment. I don't think he's magically forgotten how to hit, so I think being patient is probably still the best approach. I still think he'll be the opening day 3B in 2010, and I still think he's going to be a very good hitter.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived