Brewer Fanatic

Hart to DL (appendectomy) -- Hall recalled

brewmann04

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O jeez.

Hart was actually playing pretty decent over the last couple of weeks. I think Hall should be able to play RF just fine but it is going to take a lot of convincing before I believe that Hall's bat can play a corner outfield spot for an extended period of time.

I am definitely hoping that he succeeds, both because it would help out the Brewers plus his "Value" would go up.

Hall in right field? Even with his righty bat, I'd still rather see Cat or Gerut out there.

The Brewers need to bring somebody up, and Hall is the only player on the 40 man that has OF experience.

Hall obviously gets starts vs LHP and hopefully doesn't see RHP. He presumably starts tomorrow against Kershaw.

Edit: corrected tomorrow's pitcher.

I think hall just goes on the bench and you get a platoon of cat and gerut...there's no way they are going to play hall over those other two when they weren't before...
I guarantee that Hall starts in RF against lefties. The difference is that Hart used to always play against lefties, so there was no opportunity for Hall there.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Why do we need two back-up outfielders?

I think they'd probably be better off carrying an extra pitcher, except they probably don't have any one that would be a better option than just having Hall pitch.

Maybe it's time for them to give Brooks Kieshnick a call. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Hall couldn't possibly have "straightened himself out" in the few days he was down there. If he's on the bench, he's back in the same situation he was in before, and if he's playing, he's an offensive black hole. There has to be someone else they could have pulled up so Hall could stay down and play everyday.

Even Corey Patterson could have been stuck on the end of the bench and get the occasional pinch-hit (out) at bat instead of bringing Hall back up to do nothing. I don't think going to AAA was going to be a magic cure-all, but he's not going to get himself out of this mega-slump by playing 1-2 days a week in RF either.

Major get well wishes to Corey. Miller Park will have the sound, pitch, and key of a good chorus by the end of the month to "Your Love" with all of the at-bats Cat will probably be getting.

I too am wary of how much Hall really could have turned things around in AAA, but I suppose we don't really have many other options at this point. I wish him the best as well.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ohhhh, Corey, get well soon. I might enjoy singing along to Your Love during Frank's at-bats, but I'd rather have you playing.

I think the 2009 Brewers have now officially turned the corner into snakebit territory.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Don't fret, he will be back way before September. Unless his appendix burst and there is an infection, he should be back in 2 weeks tops.

I know this from experience. Though I'm not a Doctor, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Don't fret, he will be back way before September. Unless his appendix burst and there is an infection, he should be back in 2 weeks tops.

Yeah, I was actually a little stunned they put him on the DL... appendectomies are practically day surgery at this point.

Unless, as Mike said, it burst.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yeah, I was actually a little stunned they put him on the DL... appendectomies are practically day surgery at this point.

Unless, as Mike said, it burst.

According to the JS, he's to partake in absolutely no activity for 7 days after the surgery. Sounds like he might have been in pretty bad shape.

Archived