Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun is a class act

HonoluluBrew

I got married on July 18. At the rehearsal dinner as a surprise to me, my wife brought out a small wrapped present. I open it to find a framed note written by Braun congratulating me on getting married and an RSVP signed (declined) for our wedding invitation.

Apparently my wife invited Ryan Braun to our wedding, knowing that I am a huge fan of his. She knew he would decline but wanted to see if he would sign the RSVP card and send it back. He did along with the note.

This will be on my wall forever and will eventually be passed down to my kids. Really cool that he would take the time to do something like that.

In 2007, I did my marriage proposal at Miller Park. I had bought a bat from the engraving place at Miller Park as a gift for my then fiancee and had it engraved with our names, date, and "Today we choose to become one team". Braun happened to be doing the WTMJ post-game show at Fridays that night. Prior to and afterwards, he signed for just about everybody in the stadium, including our bat with well wishes. He even took the time to get a little background about us, rather than just scribbling and moving on. That's what impresses me most about Ryan Braun. He takes a personable interest in those that he speaks to and engages in conversation with the fans and others. Maybe he hasn't had enough people interrupt him during dinner, time with his family, or a quiet night at the movies. Something tells me though, that Ryan Braun's character won't allow him to change. Milwaukee should feel lucky. Inevitable, he's going to have a sub-prime season and when he does, I hope the fans don't turn on him like Hart, Hardy, and others and remember there's more to it than between the lines.

Great story. We really are lucky to have someone like him around for a long time. And I'll echo lcbj68c that I'll probably get pretty annoyed if people turn on him during a slump stretch or season. The guy is a class act, he was almost an immediate team leader, and his production thus far speaks for itself.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Though it'd be a lot cooler had he accepted the invitation. Haha.

Yeah, what's his problem? He didn't even play that day in Cincy - could have flown in for the wedding, lol.

Braun seems very "aware" of how the game is played, both on and off the field.

And as for the fans turning on him, I doubt it would happen. That HR vs the Cubs last year bought him about a decade of immunity from that stuff I'd think.

The first year he was drafted I was there at spring training with my dad...nobody around by the minor league fields...I have him sign some balls for me and he stands around and talks to me and my dad for like 5 minutes during the middle of BP, just shooting the breeze. Cool cool dude

Archived