Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Saturday, August 1st

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Saturday's Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: LHP Chris Cody at home vs. Albuquerque (Dodgers), 5:35 PM pre-game; 6:00 gametime

Live Audio Link

Huntsville: RHP Mike Jones at Jacksonville (Marlins), 5:50 PM pre-game; 6:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Brevard County: RHP Amaury Rivas at home vs. Sarasota (Reds), 6:05 PM gametime

Sorry, no audio for this series...

Wisconsin: LHP Daniel Meadows at home vs. Quad Cities (Cardinals), 6:50 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Helena: RHP Eric Arnett at home vs. Billings (Reds), 7:50 PM pre-game; 8:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Arizona Summer League: at the Dodgers' complex in the Glendale section of Phoenix; no more day games -- all games begin at 7:00 local time in the desert; no audio, naturally...

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles: at home vs. the DSL Blue Jays (see this thread for some roster background) -- all games are 10:30 local time in the Dominican, and no need to ask about web audio; we usually won't see updated box scores until the overnight...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Saturday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_albaaa_nasaaa_1

Huntsville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_hunaax_jaxaax_1

Brevard County:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_sarafa_breafa_1

Wisconsin:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_qcsafx_wisafx_1&did=t572&sid=t572

Helena:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_bilrok_helrok_1&did=t433&sid=t433

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale):

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_brrrok_dodrok_1

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_08_01_dblrok_dobrok_1

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated a few hours prior to gametime.

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

We're going to include the link to Kraig McNutt's Nashville blog in the same post as the Nashville media notes link going forward.

"Voice of the Rattlers" Chris Mehring's informative and entertaining Rattlers Radio Blog includes game notes an hour or two before gametime.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nashville 57 49 .538 - 32-22 25-27 W1 Memphis 55 51 .519 2.0 34-21 21-30 W2 Iowa 53 53 .500 4.0 30-20 23-33 L1 Omaha 44 61 .419 12.5 21-29 23-32 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chattanooga 19 16 .543 - 10-6 9-10 W2 Tennessee 18 17 .514 1.0 5-10 13-7 W5 West Tenn 18 17 .514 1.0 7-8 11-9 L1 Carolina 14 21 .400 5.0 7-13 7-8 L2 Huntsville 14 21 .400 5.0 6-9 8-12 L4 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tampa 23 9 .719 - 7-6 16-3 W7 Brevard County 20 12 .625 3.0 12-7 8-5 W1 Clearwater 18 15 .545 5.5 9-7 9-8 L1 Lakeland 17 16 .515 6.5 7-7 10-9 W4 Dunedin 17 17 .500 7.0 10-7 7-10 L2 Daytona 16 17 .485 7.5 7-10 9-7 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Pioneer League (R+) - PIO North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Missoula 21 15 .583 - 14-5 7-10 W2 Great Falls 19 17 .528 2.0 10-7 9-10 L2 Helena 19 17 .528 2.0 8-9 11-8 W2 Billings 11 25 .306 10.0 7-12 4-13 L2 

jvrocksaz, I'd be tempted to drive over to SD for the game just to show support. But since I couldn't find any Brewers fans from CA, NV, or AZ that are interested in going, I am going to enjoy watching on Extra Innings. Plus, I can turn it off if it gets ugly and go back to watching the Season 2 DVD of Psych

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Angel Salome starting tonight in Nashville, batting 8th. My whining on the matter can cease.

Raining in Jacksonville after three scoreless innings, will Mike Jones come back out?

Five scoreless for Amaury Rivas thus far, looking to make this a 5th consecutive quality start, with four being of very high quality.

WI has 7 runs, and the top 5 players in the order are hitless... go go bottom of the order! (why did the go go thing pop in my head and what cartoon is that from? why am I unable to place it?) Meadows has been excellent since the 1st.

Rivas has to walk more than 1 batter every single time he approaches a K:BB ratio of 3:1 just so I'm unable to pimp him more. The entire BC lineup exploded tonight except for Schafer, I was hoping he'd keep the multi hit games rolling in.

Hall with 2 more hits in Nashville. Gamel out of the lineup... mental health day?

Helena just under way but Brownstein with another hit. I sincerely hope he keeps hitting as he moves up, he's so easy to root for. And yes I admit Steve Wendt has probably slightly influenced me, but anyone who's read my comments on Sanchez will understand why I like Brownstein.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Staff
(why did the go go thing pop in my head and what cartoon is that from? why am I unable to place it?)

http://wagthedog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/go-go_gophers_300.gif

Go-Go Gophers from the Underdog series of cartoons!

TheCrew07, feel free to post summaries tonight if you wish. If not, I'll be able to, keep me posted as you have in the past, thanks.

crew07, could you be thinking of inspector gadget. as in, go go gadget arm!!!

arnett with 1 2/3 ip and 5 strikeouts. that'll help the old k/9.

Yes!!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

dude would you quit ragging on him, we don't even know if he's throwing all his pitches or not.

- Plato

- Plato

Have I really "ragged" on Arnett much?

I believe I might have originally commented that he was too high on his initial Power 50. And I made a comment tonight about his struggles.

I supported the draft pick. I just don't see his ceiling as high and others. At the very least, I think it is unfair to indicate that I have been unfairly hard on him.

AzBrew...I'm in AZ, Scottsdale to be specific.
DHonks I am in Chandler myself.. Let me know if you (or anyone else that lives in AZ) decide to go to any games here when the Brewers play the Dbacks! I would love to meet some fellow Brewerfan.neters! I too had thought about heading to San Diego but unfortunately the kids are already back in school since Chandler has a year round schedule...

I am really glad to see Adam Heether getting a chance in the outfield. I wonder how he would be in CF or RF? If he played 3B he must have a decent arm... Hmmmm... At very least it is nice to have another in house option with Lo Cain's struggles (although injury related) this season.

Archived