Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-31 Brewers (Looper) at San Diego (Gaudin) : 9:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 11-7]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also have to wonder if the mini-tiff between DM and Braun did something to Braunie's occaisional vocal leadership. He hasn't said peep since then, despite the situation seemingly crying out for it.
It's funny you mention that, because I was thinking the same. Nothing from Cameron, either, who usually is a vocal leader.

Haven't even heard about any closed clubhouse meetings--but you wonder what kinda brawl would break out between the pitching staff and the everyday guys in a closed-door session after a loss like this?!?

Well, absolutely atrocious. My blood pressure is through the roof knowing I'm driving 500 miles in the morning to see this farce.

pebadger wrote:

Also have to wonder if the mini-tiff between DM and Braun did something to Braunie's occaisional vocal leadership. He hasn't said peep since then, despite the situation seemingly crying out for it.

Yeah, I've been seeing a lot of "Braun had no comment after the game" in the game summaries lately.

JJ Hardy was 4th in the NL in OPS by a SS last year and 6th in 2007.

He also plays above avg. defense at shortstop.

I would call that being a good player

This is an argument that people have used with me before. So because he is 4th in ops or top 5 in some stat at his position, he is a good hitter? Take out the studs that are in front of them and you are saying he is better than Furcal, Y. Escobar, S. Drew, Guzman, Greene, Theriot, Tejada......Yipee. Great his OPS was above them. He is not a good hitter and his defense is solid but nothing special. That needs to stop being this great thing he brings to the table.

Sure glad I didn't finish watching this game. Really wish I never would've turned it on the first time, but man.....7-1 and you end up losing 11-7. Unbelievable.

Silver lining....Cubs lost. But wait, the Cardinals won. Boo.

Face it ... the Brewers are suffering the blues of being a small-market team ... can have a good season every decade or so ... but cannot sustain it ... this team cannot go get good free agents routinely as needed like the Sox (Red or White), Cubs, Cards, Yanks, Dodgers, etc. Prince will be gone soon, too, and this team will be fighting the Pirates once again for another decade like it did from the early 90's thru 2006.

Well, they put postgame quotes in the blog since the game ended after the JS's deadline.

Macha disappointed.

Cameron says they've had several closed door meetings this season, including one on the last home stand.

Cameron then says this is a ____ loss. You can see the blank word in the blog, I can't repeat it here.

Looper blames it on himself.

Link

I can't believe there wasn't a single, "I can't believe I stayed up for THIS!" post in 133 of them.

So Cal, please allow the guy to have his opinion; your last post was rather condescending. Everybody sees the game differently and nobody is right or wrong in their own view of the game.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I can't believe there wasn't a single, "I can't believe I stayed up for THIS!" post in 133 of them.
Well there were a couple "At least I can go to bed at a reasonable hour" posts when we went up 7-1. I hope for their sake they didn't go to be early. I would hate to be them and see their reaction tomorrow when they find out we lost 11-7. I doubt they thought the pitching staff would be this bad, man were they wrong.

You know the saying Spahn and Sain and Pray for Rain? Well our pitching staff is Gallardo and oh please score some runs offense. We have no chance otherwise. Doesn't quite rhyme, but you get what I'm trying to say. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Well there were a couple "At least I can go to bed at a reasonable hour" posts when we went up 7-1. I hope for their sake they didn't go to be early. I would hate to be them and see their reaction tomorrow when they find out we lost 11-7.
Isn't that better than seeing it unfold before your eyes? I waited until it was 7-6 before I went to bad and I am glad I did not stay up to see it happen. With the top notch starters we have going the next two days I'm expecting a sweep, but on the positive side, I'll only see the end of one game.

Face it ... the Brewers are suffering the blues of being a small-market team ... can have a good season every decade or so ... but cannot sustain it ... this team cannot go get good free agents routinely as needed like the Sox (Red or White), Cubs, Cards, Yanks, Dodgers, etc. Prince will be gone soon, too, and this team will be fighting the Pirates once again for another decade like it did from the early 90's thru 2006.
Amen! Boo!
You may run like Mays...

I guess you are right brewcrew...we should stop using those silly stats like OPS and just go by how we feel about a guy or how he looks.

I would if you were comparing it to good players. But your argument was that he was 4th in OPS, at his position, in the NL, for an argument. So you are basically saying that his OPS is better than the likes of those players I listed. YIPEEE! You are obviously the person with rose colored glasses for Hardy so I will leave this alone. He has been this same player for his whole career except the last couple years he had a hot streak to mask the rest. This year he has not had that. But this is the same guy that has been her for the past 4 years and many have worn those same glasses that you have for JJ.

Archived