Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-31 Brewers (Looper) at San Diego (Gaudin) : 9:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 11-7]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, considering Gwynn is a better player than Gerut... It was a bad deal. Maybe Gwynn wouldn't of got the ABs he would of needed here to produce as he is in San Diego but he couldn't of been any worse than Ms. Jody has been for us.
I wouldn't call Gwynn a better player than Gerut. They are about equal and both are AAAA type players. Petco plays better for Gwynn than Miller Park would so Gwynn really didn't have much value to the Brewers. Melvin could have probably gotten a better player for Gwynn but I doubt that.

I'll say Gwynn is better than Gerut (certainly this season). I said some something more controversial than this today when I said, "It appears that August is merely a day away."

I would like to see Escobar get some playing time with the big club to see what he can do, but what are the chances they actually sit Hardy on the bench in favor of Escobar? Especially before September. I just don't see it happening.

Actually, the 2005 and 2006 seasons were not good offensive seasons at all for Hardy. Check the stats for yourself. 2007 and 2008 were good seasons. I think JJ is very average, actually, overall.

I am not sure what is more frustrating, being owned by scrappy former Pirates, or being owned by former Brewers. At least we have the big bats in the 9th, but giving up 9 runs to the Padres is pretty frustrating in itself.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

True, he was brought up too early and was recovering from an injury. The las two seasons he has been among the elite players at his position. Why use up any of Escobar's service time the way we wasted JJ's? His bat is hardly proven either. He'll be here soon enough. Better off seeing if JJ can increase his trade value.

To the poster who has been predicting JJ Hardy wouldn't be a good hitter, don't get too cocky, this is the first year you've been right.
He has never been a good hitter. Just because you have a couple hot streaks the past couple years doesn't mean he was a good hitter. Has always been awful but a hot streak would mask his looking awful at the plate and the fact that he is a very loved guy with brewer fans. He has always looked awful and had no approach at the plate. Doesn't move runners or situational hit. Just goes up there and tries to make contact.

And if you are saying this is the first year I was right, why does two decent years make him a good hitter. Take out a couple weeks each of the past two years and he is pretty awful. So I guess you got a month worth of good hitting over the years.

this entire Pitching Staff except for Yo,Hoffman and Coffey and Setter Maybe Parra should be all in 3 A if not lower . Melvin has assembled the worst rotation in the Majors. Something needs to be done can't believe our owner is very happy with this

I agree that there are problems with the construction of the team, but my eyes see guys who are simply not performing as they have in the past.

I also am starting to seriously wonder if there are some clubhouse issues with the team that are well-hidden.

Also have to wonder if the mini-tiff between DM and Braun did something to Braunie's occaisional vocal leadership. He hasn't said peep since then, despite the situation seemingly crying out for it.

Archived