Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-31 Brewers (Looper) at San Diego (Gaudin) : 9:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 11-7]

I might have to turn this off, geez.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, what an absolute microcosm of the Brewers' season--starts a bit slow, and then have an amazing stretch early, and then look like absolute garbage for a loooong stretch thereafter.

Let's see how this ends. Like the Brewers' season, I'm not optimistic.

Whether it's his fault or not, I don't like the odds of Bill Castro keeping his job after this season.
Melvin should start getting some flack for his poorly put together pitching staff. There is no amount of coaching in the world that would make these guys good. I'd weigh options in the GM department. Maybe Deputy Braun should be taking over.

Wow that Gerut for Gwynn deal was a bad one.
Not really.

Why did Kendall ask for a pitch inside there why? and why did Cameron over throw the cut off man there. Just a horrible game so many lapses mentally this game.

Another great defensive inning by our outfield. Hart doesn't bother to back up a throw to first and then Cameron misses the cut by a mile. Hart and Cameron make way too many bonehead plays.

Whether it's his fault or not, I don't like the odds of Bill Castro keeping his job after this season.
Melvin should start getting some flack for his poorly put together pitching staff. There is no amount of coaching in the world that would make these guys good. I'd weigh options in the GM department. Maybe Deputy Braun should be taking over.

It does seem that Melvin can't put together a pitching staff, and rightly deserves the blame. I still have a feeling they will throw Castro under the bus first.

Including tonight, we've given up 5 or more runs in 9 of our last 12 games. You just can't consistently win ballgames like that. For fun, two of those three games we didn't give up 5 runs were Yo starts. Go figure.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Wow that Gerut for Gwynn deal was a bad one.
Not really.

Why did Kendall ask for a pitch inside there why? and why did Cameron over throw the cut off man there. Just a horrible game so many lapses mentally this game.

Well, considering Gwynn is a better player than Gerut... It was a bad deal. Maybe Gwynn wouldn't of got the ABs he would of needed here to produce as he is in San Diego but he couldn't of been any worse than Ms. Jody has been for us.

Well, considering Gwynn is a better player than Gerut... It was a bad deal. Maybe Gwynn wouldn't of got the ABs he would of needed here to produce as he is in San Diego but he couldn't of been any worse than Ms. Jody has been for us.
I wouldn't call Gwynn a better player than Gerut. They are about equal and both are AAAA type players. Petco plays better for Gwynn than Miller Park would so Gwynn really didn't have much value to the Brewers. Melvin could have probably gotten a better player for Gwynn but I doubt that.

Ms. Jody
Not necessary.

That said, I'm ready to shove my fist through some drywall.

I thought the 36 runs in four home games (three against the Nats) last week was this pitching staff's nadir, but no. This is the worst offense in the NL, fellas.

I'm ready to shove my fist through some drywall.
I've got some dry wall to take down soon, that's not a bad idea!

I'm done. I didn't figure I'd be going to bed with the Crew behind, but I guess that's why they play the whole 9 innings.

You may run like Mays...

please remind me how the Brewers were supposed to blow thru the Nats and Padres.

Everybody should be happy they did not make any bone head trades today.

Most of us knew this team was more than one Pitcher away this season.

Melvin has Assembled one of the Worst Staff in Recent Years.

If he does not add Pitching for 2010 then i would agree it might be time to look for a new GM

Hardy sucks and needs to be gone I'm guessing Doug couldn't find any sucker to take Hardy. It is time for Escobar and it is time for Hardy to be sitting on the bench.

So far this year for Hardly

By Day/Month AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB HBP SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
Last 7 Days 22 2 7 3 0 0 2 2 0 1 0 0 .318 .375 .455 .830
April 77 5 12 1 0 3 7 7 0 19 0 0 .156 .224 .286 .510
May 80 16 25 6 1 2 17 11 2 9 0 0 .313 .400 .488 .888
June 101 16 23 2 0 3 8 10 0 22 0 0 .228 .295 .337 .632
July 88 8 21 4 1 3 13 4 0 17 0 1 .239 .269 .409 .678

One good month flanked by one very bad month and two bad months. Hardly is now the worst SS in the NL this year falling behind the struggling Rollins and Edgar Renteria is doing better than Hardly. Even Kendall is doing better than Hardly why Hardly isn't benched and Counsell playing in his place is mind boggling. Hardly sucks and needs to be and needed to be traded at the deadline.

I really hope Hardly and Hart are gone from the team after this season.

Archived