Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-31 Brewers (Looper) at San Diego (Gaudin) : 9:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 11-7]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ helping the team again. Man the hate keeps growing. And Looper liked that great play by JJ as well.
Hate's a pretty strong word
Yeah, not sure how he deserves to be hated. Its not like he's out killing people or anything. But I am strongly wishing he was traded in the off season during his peak in value. He makes moderately hard plays look difficult and difficult plays look impossible. Not to mention he can't hit for crap all year.

JJ helping the team again. Man the hate keeps growing. And Looper liked that great play by JJ as well.
Hate's a pretty strong word

I have had this battle with people many times before. I have disliked hime for a couple years at least. He is a below average hitter with ok defense. The day he is traded will be a good day for me. People tend to look the other way on JJ for some reason when he doesnt hit or plays bad defense. No idea why seeing he has never really been a big star or anything. Or maybe that is why. But I really can't stand him at all.

I have had this battle with people many times before. I have disliked hime for a couple years at least. He is a below average hitter with ok defense. The day he is traded will be a good day for me. People tend to look the other way on JJ for some reason when he doesnt hit or plays bad defense. No idea why seeing he has never really been a big star or anything. Or maybe that is why. But I really can't stand him at all.

Its because he hit 20+ HRs 2 years in a row. People like that, and they like it to the grave sometimes.

Is this game really going to be another complacent with an early lead game!?

Another stellar AB for Hardy. Look at the two strikes and then swing at the two balls. Why change the 2009 MO when its working so well?
I know we're in dogpile mode here but Mujica made every Brewers' batter look like garbage that inning.

The guy's having a particularly bad game in his worst year, but sheesh.

Anyway, color me shocked that Looper made it through five with the lead in tact. Can't believe we've gotta use the pen for four after putting up a 7-1 lead after 1.5 innings.

In defense of JJ, the d has still been there this year, the bat has been really bad though.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3797&position=SS#value

He made the 1st and last out in the same inning for the 3rd time this year. And when I looked up Hardy's fangraph page, for the first time I am questioning the data they are using to come up with the numbers. I am starting to think their numbers do not reflect plays he should make (according to my standard of SS defense) that he is not making. For example, I doubt his UZR figure will suffer due to him not being able to get his glove down on his backhand side (4th inning tonight).

To be fair to Looper, if it wasn't for him this game would likely be 6-0 right now.
I definitely felt better about him at the plate that inning than Kendall before him.
So did I. Never thought he would buzz the pitcher with a line drive though. That threw Gaudin for the rest of the game.

Archived