Brewer Fanatic

Anyone in Cali the next 6 days?

bobskube

No doubt Series. I've been going to Brewers games out here since the early 90's in LA, SD & Anaheim. I've never seen the crowds of Brewers fans like I have the last 2 seasons at the Dodgers games. I'm hoping the next three nights will be similar. The excitement in Milwaukee has definitely caught on among the Wisconsin diaspora.

I'll be in Section 8 Field row G. My daughter voted for the Yount road jersey tonight. I'll look for you Louis...although you'll be in your own section in those sweet dugout seats.

I'll be in Section 8 Field row G. My daughter voted for the Yount road jersey tonight. I'll look for you Louis...although you'll be in your own section in those sweet dugout seats.
Sounds like section La Dee Dah. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On our way back from San Diego. Petco is a nice stadium. A great area to have a sports complex. Lots to do. That was a nice thing about San Diego, everything for the most part is a short walk or pretty close by taxi/tour bus. It would have been awesome to have gotten Miller Park in a downtown area like they do in San Diego, but then we wouldn't be able to tailgate. I'd rather have the tailgating option than the DT location. Learned lots of things about going to games out there as far as what to pack, where to eat, and where the cheapest beer is. All in all, a great trip and hopefully get to do it again.

I really liked the park in SD. Fun walk up to the stadium, the people are awesome as well. Can't say the same about Dodger Stadium. Personally I think the stadium is a dump and the fans are the worst I have seen. I'm happy that I get to see 3 games in LA but after tomorrows game, I'll probably never see a game there again. I just didn't care for it at all...way too rude of fans.

Hey jason, out of curiosity where were you sitting? I've found the people in the field and loge sections to be pretty mellow, it's when you get in the third deck where you can hear some chirping. I've been going to games out here for 18 years and never had an issue. Maybe a comment here and there, but nothing too bad. The fans in Anaheim and SD are more mellow, but LA isn't bad. The only time I've ever felt threatened at a game in my life (and I've seen the Crew in at least a dozen cities) was a couple drunk Padres fans at the Murph were trying to start something once. It was very random.

The stadium itself has had a minor makeover and the food has really been upgraded, but I would agree the stadium is getting a little dated in comparison with the newer parks. The biggest issue is just getting in and out of there during rush hour traffic. I'd go to more games if it was easier. That being said, the scene in the Ravine with the palm trees in the background is pretty nice. I also like how they've tried to keep it old school with the organ and things like that. While not perfect, I still give Dodger Stadium a thumbs up.

Archived