Brewer Fanatic

Anyone in Cali the next 6 days?

bobskube

I wish I could do SD, but I will be at all three Dodgers games. I'm dreading Monday (Kershaw), but looking forward to Tuesday with Yo. I'm in Section 8 behind the screen on Monday, not sure about the rest of the week.

On Wednesday night - the local UW alumni club is meeting before the game at:

The Shortstop

1455 Sunset Blvd.

I'll probably drop by for a beer before hand, but I'm going with a different group. They get a nice crowd that sits out by the Brewers bullpen.

Yeah, I couldn't find a cheap flight worth my while, but it looks like my wife and I might make the 7 hour drive down from SF tomorrow.

What sold her was the potential of some SoCal sun and beach time Sunday morning--it's fog season up here right now and rather dreary.

On Wednesday night - the local UW alumni club is meeting before the game at:

The Shortstop

1455 Sunset Blvd.

I'll probably drop by for a beer before hand, but I'm going with a different group. They get a nice crowd that sits out by the Brewers bullpen.

Will they allow a Michigan Grad to join in for a drink? I'm staying at the Renaissance Hollywood. I think that is relatively close to me.

Oh, shoot. I'm only there on Monday. Oops.

SoCal Brew Crew Fan wrote:

I had to stop wearing my 70's Brewers M hat since everyone was asking me if I went to Michigan.

I've got a black hat with a baroque-looking orange "S" from the high school my Grandpa coaches for (Sarasota High) that I'll occassionally wear to Giants games here to show my vague support for the home team but not betray the Crew! As insane as that is, I won't wear it if a Giants' win will neagtively affect the Brewers--yes I need therapy.

Sign me up for your therapist. I'm the same way with my support of the Dodgers. I'll root for them if it's convenient and doesn't affect the Brewers, but I'd ditch them in a heartbeat. I guess that makes me fairly similar to most LA sports fans. I boycotted them when they had Sheffield. Since they got rid of Shef, Kent and Kevin Brown they are much more likable outside of Manny. Sweeping the Cubs last year was nice too.

Well, I just got my tickets for tomorrow night on Stub Hub...Section 110 behind the Brewers' dugout (although we'll be in row 32, 24 rows behind the dugout itself--oh well, for the price, which was pretty cheap, I'll take it). I'll be there in a ball-and-glove hat and a Brewerfan t-shirt so say Hi if you see me.

I can't believe all the complaining I did this morning about Mike Burns pitching tomorrow and I spontaneously decided to go see it live http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Well, I just got my tickets for tomorrow night on Stub Hub...Section 110 behind the Brewers' dugout (although we'll be in row 32, 24 rows behind the dugout itself--oh well, for the price, which was pretty cheap, I'll take it). I'll be there in a ball-and-glove hat and a Brewerfan t-shirt so say Hi if you see me.

I can't believe all the complaining I did this morning about Mike Burns pitching tomorrow and I spontaneously decided to go see it live http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

My buddy has the tickets so all I know is that we are 100 Level. Petco should be fun. I also can't wait for the Chavez Ravine traffic. I am going with a cab there (from Hollywood). Is this wise? My concierge said cab was the way to go. Said it was about $40 each way.

I've heard nothing but horrible things about driving in and especially driving out (think Alpine Valley), so I'd take the concierge's advice--personally I haven't been down to LA for one since I've lived out there so I can't give you any personal advice.

For all the cracks about Wrigley, there was nothing like just getting on a train and getting dropped off right next to a ballpark.

Thanks SoCal and Rev. I am a first timer to Dodger Stadium. I never could line up a trip there while on business so I decided to see my favorite team and to take two days off.

Heard weather forecast is perfect in both SD and LA. Can't wait.

Who knows...maybe your presence is just what Mike needs to progress beyond the Boo-urns stage. Remember, he beat the Dodgers! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm here in SD; was at the game last night, Sect 115, row 8, right by the Brewers bullpen. Will be there tonight too. Joel, drop me a line, if you get here in time perhaps we can rendezvous for a bite/beer before the game or after.

I'll be at the game Monday and might have an extra parking pass. I believe I'm in field dugout sect. 7 row 7.

Wednesday is the big one - I was the beneficiary of a gift of seats three rows behind home plate in the dugout section. Good chance I'll be on camera all night (look for the tall guy with blonde hair and a fat face in a suit).

Had a good time down in San Diego despite the final score; amazing weather and I love that park.

There were more Brewers' fans there on Saturday night than I've ever seen at any road game ever, including at Wrigley. I mean, a bunch. Some looked like SoCal locals, some looked like they had traveled from Wisconsin (and yes, I'm giving in to stereotypes there, although not casting aspersions!). I was listening to the Padres' radio network on the long drive home yesterday and it sounded like there were tons of Brewer fans yesterday as well, hooting and hollering during that 5-run inning.

Archived