Brewer Fanatic

Orlando Cabrera to Twins

If that is all Cabrera brought, I am lowering my expectations on the return for Hardy. Although I believe Cabrera is a rental.
Well, if they trade JJ in the off-season as it seems they'll likely do, that's only one year--they'd be better off doing it now while a team has a 1 1/2 years I'd assume. I guess they're counting on him raising his value in the second half to the point where it'd be higher now? In a playoff race and that extra year I don't see how, but I've been a bit confused by a lot of what's been going on.

I think this is a very good deal for the Twins on the short term. Alexi Casilla (.474 OPS) is hitting with a toothpick at the plate, so Cabrera takes over at shortstop and Brenden Harris/Nick Punto take over at 2nd. The Twins did something to improve their infield. Bravo!

With the Twins only 2 games out, they had to make a move like this. I think it's all good. Push-them-over-the-top good? Perhaps, since Cabrera had been swinging a hot stick lately (.900 OPS in July)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived