Brewer Fanatic

He's Baaaack! Vargas to MIL for Vinny Rottino

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boy, this keeps getting better and better.

Wonder how much he gets to play with the big club. I gotta think he's starting in the minors, right?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So our starters this weekend are Mike Burns and Claudio Vargas?

We need a facepalm smiley around here.

We've got Prince, Braun, and Yo all together for just a few short years and this is the rotation we're throwing out there. Wow.

Whoa! This must've been Bob Skube's "underwhelming" deal. I honestly haven't been following Vargas much this season.

Glad for Vinny, but I doubt he'll see much more PT now.

I figured many would have a chuckle.

Meh. He's only owed the league minimum, and he should be good for a 5.00 ERA. Can't really complain and can't exactly be excited. He's just about the definition of replacement level, and they got him for pretty much nothing.

Remember that one season when Milwaukee Brewers baseball actually mattered? That's a distant memory.

Good luck selling 3 million tickets next year Mr. Attanosio. Good luck selling 2 million tickets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

He's a better option than some of our AAA guys and we got him for a guy who would likely be nothing more than a September bench player. Nothing to get excited about, but nothing to complain about either.

is it possible that they just brought him in for long relief? Doug Melvin would be a totaly moran to think that Vargas is gonna help us out at all as a starter. This is a total joke if he is supposed to be our savior

Archived