Brewer Fanatic

Burns coming back up

Why Doug why? Drop him from the 40 man and add Cody. Or just bring up Wright.We know Burns is not good, give someone else a chance to come up and be not good. Burns had a good few outings at first when no one had seen him before and teams probably didn't have much tape on him

Burns' return makes me think any potential deal really is dead. although I suppose there's no reason why Billy Hall's spot couldn't be filled for now by another SP. Maybe Burns would take on McClung's innings-eater role, who knows.

Edit: As I wrote this news of the Vargas deal comes through, oof....

This just doesn't make sense to give Burns another start. I'd rather try and catch lightning in a bottle with a pitcher that other teams have less of a scouting report on like Chris Cody. I'm not sure how the Brewers can value Burns as our 5th best healthy starting pitcher right now in our system. If that's their opinion, I flat out disagree with it.

I'll be OK if he pitches similarly to his Minnesota start (4R, 5.2 IP); that would give the Brewers at least a chance to win.

Problem is his last two road starts have been unmitigated disasters. Wrigley you can almost accept it with that park and those bats...but at Pittsburgh?

We'll see I guess.

Problem is his last two road starts have been unmitigated disasters. Wrigley you can almost accept it with that park and those bats...but at Pittsburgh?
Ahh, but it's a New Pirate Generation there...literally. The lineup turnover wasn't fully complete by then, but it wasn't the same lineup they faced in April and May.

Add in all that pent-up irrational hatred of the Brewers, and whatever extra motivation that produced, and something was likely to give.

OK, yeah, I have no idea what to tell you. You might well see another boo-urns outing Saturday. The only time I've seen him in person was the Mets start, which was 'good enough' (and aided by the Mets' creative fielding).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'll be OK if he pitches similarly to his Minnesota start (4R, 5.2 IP); that would give the Brewers at least a chance to win.
My, the bar is set low... If he can just keep his ERA under 7, I'll be happy!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

It'd be a better start than Looper gave us tonight

It'd be a better start than Looper gave us tonight
Which isn't saying much.
No disagreement here.

Like I said in the IGT, between Burns and Villanueva starting and a gassed pen, this has the makings of a long, shameful, horrific weekend.

Last year for the Reds this guy gave up 30 hits in 13 innings. I don't think I've ever seen pitching stats that brutal. I would rather see them use that spot in the rotation as a revolving door. Dillard, Cody, Butler, Billy hall, whoever, but not burns.

Now, I'm normally a pretty positive guy, but to expect that Chase Wright would outperform Dillard or Burns is hopelessly optimistic IMO. As fans, we like to see changes when something isn't working, but I just don't think we can realistically expect much better - more likely, the alternatives will be worse.

Anyway, Burns isn't as horrible as most people make him out to be. He has pretty good control and he strikes people out - that's usually a better indicator of future success than showing no control and not being able to strike anybody out (like Dillard and Wright this season).

Its embarrassing the amount of scrubs this team has on the staff right now. Burns doesnt belong anywhere near the major leagues much less the rotation. I doubt a guy like Cody would be that much better but why not find out.

I agree... Heck give Mike Jones a chance at this point...

Archived