Brewer Fanatic

Washburn to the Tigers for Luke French and Mauricio Robles

So much for the talk about Escobar having to be involved in the deal for the Brewers if they went after Washburn. I was not super high on Washburn when the price seemed out of line but I do not think we would have needed to give up a ton to match this deal

.i'm going to call that killed our chances at a lot of these deals this year

You're probably absolutely right on that one. Then again if we had that upper level pitching, we may have just held onto it and waited for some of those arms to be ready next season.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

You're probably absolutely right on that one. Then again if we had that upper level pitching, we may have just held onto it and waited for some of those arms to be ready next season.

If we had upper level pitching, they would have been in Milwaukee starting instead of Villanueva, Burns, and McClung.

Gamel is probably the most expendable top prospect we have. Too bad Melvin called him up and killed his value by exposing the giant hole in his swing... the entire inside portion of the plate.

Gamel's terrible hitting in Milwaukee=Escobar's wonderful hitting in AAA

Gamel is probably the most expendable top prospect we have. Too bad Melvin called him up and killed his value by exposing the giant hole in his swing... the entire inside portion of the plate.

Gamel's terrible hitting in Milwaukee=Escobar's wonderful hitting in AAA

Are you sure you didn't mean:

Gamel's terrible hitting in Milwaukee = Gamel's terrible hitting in AAA

Well if the Mariners were looking for major league ready pitching we certainly weren't a good match for them. It doesn't seem like they gave up a lot but if Jack Z is looking for pitching you have to understand why the Brewers weren't a match.

I suppose we could have offered a couple A Ballers but who knows what Jack Z was looking for

We easily could have matched that offer.

Really? Who is the MLB-ready lefty we have at AAA? The closest thing we have to French is Parra. I don't think we'd do Parra + for 2 months of Washburn. If you mean we could have matched that offer with position players, you're probably right. But again, we'd be overpaying with Escobar or Gamel.

Luke French is a big lefty, major league ready as a 3 or 4 starter, I'd guess. Robles is youngster with a 10K per 9 ip K rate in the minors. A 20 year old lefty still in A ball, he's thrown 111 K's in 91 innings so far this year. That's Yovanni type K rate.

Looks like a good trade for Jack Z. He gets a cheap innings eater immediately, and a strike throwing prospect with upside down the line.

Gamel's terrible hitting in Milwaukee = Gamel's terrible hitting in AAA

Wow, i guess I missed a memo. Gamel can't hit? Who knew?

Great return for the M's on a guy they couldn't GIVE away last year at the deadline, plus getting two starters back at the deadline (Snell and French) they still have an outside shot at the playoffs.

Unless you count that insanely impressive, way-way-way inside on his hands HR he hit in St. Louis, then yeah, I guess he just can't hit the inside pitch. Bat speed paired with discipline like Gamel's doesn't come along very often. He will hit, without question.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived