Brewer Fanatic

Hardy to Cincy?

Please include a summary of your link so everyone doesn't have to actually go there to read what the thread is about.

From some poster:

Today, after the Brewer game, I was standing by the players lot to get autographs after the game. Then, what appeared to be a journalist, maybe Tom haudricourt (I have no idea how any of them look), told the parking lot attendant that he got a call from a local radio station last night who told him that a very reliable source told them that J.J. Hardy could very well be traded to Cincinatti. I didn't catch the rest of what this guy was saying so I can only suspect who he really was and who Cincinatti would trade. I presume a guy like Homer Bailey could be involved. Anyway, this could be all rumors but I am positive this is what he said. You don't have to believe it, but if it does happen you'll remember where you saw it.

So We had a chance to add a quality arm without giving up anything to important and Mark said no. (Yes I like Hardy, but we have a replacement waiting) This was someone we would have had for next year as well. I know this year is a long shot, but you aren't going to keep getting 3 million fans with a rotation of Gallardo and a bunch or 4 and 5 starters. At this point I am not very optimistic about our rotation being much improved by the start of next season either.

Man, I'd be nice to get Bailey but doubt that'd happen. He was the guy I really wanted in that draft so to be able to have him and Rogers that'd be great. I doubt MA would shut that down. The only reason IMO he would is because he feels he'd lose a lot of the JJ Hottie fans. Let's face he draws in the girls and well Harang is a pretty ugly man. Ha

Doug had harang plus prospect for hardy but from what I have been told MA vetoed due to harangs contract
Seriously? What is Harang's contract situation?
Harang is owed 12.5 million next year with a club option for 2011 of 12.75 million, with a buyout of 2 million. He also is owed whatever is left of his 11 million this year.

Harang is owed 12.5 million next year with a club option for 2011 of 12.75 million, with a buyout of 2 million. He also is owed whatever is left of his 11 million this year.

True, but if he's traded the option becomes a mutual option for $14 million, with a $2.5 million buyout. I'm guessing if we were to pick up the option, but Harang declined, we wouldn't have to pay the buyout.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

The same Aaron Harang who's 11-29 since the start of 08 and was 0-4 with a 6.00 ERA in July? How is that any better than what they have and they'd still owe him $15 million?

Good move blocking that one Mark.

Arroyo and a prospect makes some sense but not Harang.

If Mark A vetoed this trade idea because of finances, he hasn't done his homework at all. Harang is a Good #3 pitcher in his bad seasons, a solid ace in his good seasons. And for under $15 million per year, he's a relative bargain. I'd do a Hardy for Harang swap without thinking twice.

I remember when Bailey, Hughes and Gallardo were coming up and Bailey and Hughes were the two scouts liked the most. When asked Gallardo was always the 3rd best of the 3 even though they were complimentary of him. I would love to get Bailey if possible because his upside is so good.

It would be worth buying low on Bailey if it doesn't take much to get him. I have no idea how enamored or not the Reds' front office is with him at this point.

I think Melvin should be doing anything he can to re-stock Nashville with some MLB-projectable pitching talent...it's not like we can afford to be too choosy at this point, seeing how guys like Burns and Dillard are in our Major League rotation right now.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived