Brewer Fanatic

Braves release P Jeff Bennett

Braves grant Jeff Bennett his release

Bennett had an okay ERA but a pretty high WHIP and poor BB/SO ratio this year. I will always remember him as a flat-brim wearing Rule 5'er who pitched when we were up 10 or down 10 in 2004. It makes one wonder what made him want his release so badly. Anyone interested in taking a shot on bringing him back?

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I remember meeting him on a Brewers Wisconsin winter tour thingy. He was very nice and friendly. I noticed quite a few fans in EC bringing him their flat brimmed caps for him to sign. I think he'd be worth bringing in on a minor league deal.

My memories of the Jose Capellan Experience make me instantly wary of any pitcher cast off by the Braves now. It's probably not fair to judge Jeff Bennett that way, but that's my first reaction.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Anyone interested in taking a shot on bringing him back?
Absolutely! What have they got to lose, considering the crap they seem to have in AAA? We are down two starters plus McClung and the bullpen is getting worn out.

Honestly, with all the ex-Brewers they now have, the Rays practically owe us someone. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Carl Crawford would be delightful. Evan Longoria wouldn't be too bad, either. I suppose if they're looking for someone to take B.J. Upton off their hands, we could be a suitor. I hear Matt Garza, Scott Kazmir, and James Shields are looking for new homes in the midwest region. Ben Zobrist hasn't done much this year, we might as well have him hop on board. Gabe Gross and Gabe Kapler would look spectacular on our bench. Too bad Carlos Pena couldn't DH for us...

Am I forgetting somebody?

Honestly, with all the ex-Brewers they now have, the Rays practically owe us someone. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Carl Crawford would be delightful. Evan Longoria wouldn't be too bad, either. I suppose if they're looking for someone to take B.J. Upton off their hands, we could be a suitor. I hear Matt Garza, Scott Kazmir, and James Shields are looking for new homes in the midwest region. Ben Zobrist hasn't done much this year, we might as well have him hop on board. Gabe Gross and Gabe Kapler would look spectacular on our bench. Too bad Carlos Pena couldn't DH for us...

Am I forgetting somebody?

I would even settle for Jeff Niemann....

Archived