Brewer Fanatic

Bill Hall optioned to AAA

Invader3K

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you'd have to guess heether would get the call. maybe the hurricane or bourgeois, though that'd be a slap in the face of all the hard working proletariat out there.

or do they call up axford and go with a 14 man staff?

that's two open 25 man spots...
I do find the timing rather interesting, especially with Suppan still listed as the scheduled starter for Saturday, and nobody for Sunday. Obviously CV could start Sunday, but something could be up.

Where exactly is Hall going to play down there? They didn't send him down to ride the pine (I don't think) and clearly want him to work through some things then bring him back up.

Gamel at 3b, Escobar at SS....

I guess he could play 2b or CF, but it just seems odd.

Just to be clear, Bill Johnson on 540 said that Hall has accepted the assignment and will likely be down in Nashville through the road trip.
Beyond the fact that he can't hit, the question would have to be why, and why now? Who's playing time is he going to take if he comes back in in 2 weeks? There certainly must be something more to this story. Just seems kind of odd.

you'd have to guess heether would get the call. maybe the hurricanor bourgeois, though that'd be a slap in the face of all the hard working proletariat out there.

e

or do they call up axford and go with a 14 man staff?

Props to you for making me laugh.

Anyway, it's about time that something was done with BH. Maybe he'll find his swing down there and put up a month like April and help us the rest of the year.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

Just to be clear, Bill Johnson on 540 said that Hall has accepted the assignment and will likely be down in Nashville through the road trip.
Beyond the fact that he can't hit, the question would have to be why, and why now? Who's playing time is he going to take if he comes back in in 2 weeks? There certainly must be something more to this story. Just seems kind of odd.
Yeah, I want to applaud this on all sides, but it does seem fishy. And whose playing time is he taking down there? I assume Gamel comes back up if only so Hall can get PT to (hopefully) work out his issues, but that seems to defeat the purpose of sending him down a couple weeks back. The whole thing is weird.

Maybe they really did want their obviously-flailing investment to get his head screwed back on tight and hash things out and Hall gave in after a ghastly couple of months.

It makes sense if he wanted to go down to work on his swing while the team was on the West coast, especially if he knew he wouldn't get more than a few plate appearances with the big league club. With any luck, this'll have the same positive effect sending Weeks, Bush, and Parra down has had in recent memory.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Per TH:

"There's no set date (to return)," said Hall. "It's all on my terms.

"I'm going to go down and get some at-bats, hopefully get a bunch of hits and come back. My swing is good. I just need some reps. My batting practice the last few weeks has been some of the best of my career."

Heh. This won't endear him to the legions of Hall-haters he's cultivated. But I hope he's right.

More from TH:

Because he has more than 5 years in the majors, Hall had to give his permission to go to the minors. He said he was asked before the all-star break by the club to do it but didn't want to. After Felipe Lopez was acquired in a trade with Arizona, however, Hall's chances of playing become scant.

Combined with the quote SeriesFinale posted, I'm actually inclined to believe this is the whole story personally, because it fits with my admittedly limited perception of Hall.

I guess I'm confused as to whether it really is "all on his terms."

I'm a big Hall fan and really want to see him succeed, but if he's scuffling in Nashville, can the Brewers keep him down as long as the team wants? Especially if Gamel or whoever is doing well? Who really holds the reins here in Hall's specific situation?

Combined with the quote SeriesFinale posted, I'm actually inclined to believe this is the whole story personally, because it fits with my admittedly limited perception of Hall.

Agreed. I just hope he doesn't just swap places with Gamel though as someone suggested might happen, so he ends up being the one sitting around. That would be the height of insanity.

Archived