Brewer Fanatic

Davis, Hall, Richardson and Gennett all sign

It cool to see the Brewers rank high in rounds 1-10. Its the more efficient area of the draft to spend money. I think the Crew would finish near the bottom in rounds 11-50, as there is numerous teams that spent as much on 1 player as the Crew spent on Howell and Gennett combined. The O's signed 11th rounder Michael Ohlman, who was linked to the Brewers for $995, 000, and spent $999, 000 on a HS pitcher that didn't make BAs top 200. However, that not exactly spending money wisely.

The Brewers landed 8 of BAs top 200, icluding #18(Arnett), 28(Heckathorn), and 39(Davis), and did it with only 1 signing that would be a bit of a gamble compared to price (Brooks Hall). Very nice work by Sied and company. I'm more excited for this group than I was last year at this time for the 2008 group.

Its amazing a team like the Mets spent the least. There about to become the new Orioles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Wow, if anyone reads only one of those PG Crosschecker articles colbyjack linked (I did actually read all of them http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif), read the one on D'Vontray Richardson. That's exciting.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived