Brewer Fanatic

My Brewers 12 Step program

naivin

I looked at the standings today for about the second time all season and noticed that we have a good road record (27-28). Our home record is only 27-26 though. It seems to me that that is where we need to pick it up.

Our September schedule has so many games against good teams that we will theoretically be fighting with for positioning that it isn't even funny. 9 against the Cards, 7 against the Cubs, 3 against Houston, 6 combined against San Fran and Colorado (wild card?). If we can win a few series against the Astros (two series), Reds, Pirates (two series), Padres, and Nats for the rest of August, we will be in decent shape. As things stand now, if we can take roughly 14 or 15 of those 22 games (which is not at all unreasonable), putting us at about 68-62 or 69-61 going into September, we will have a chance to make some hay in the big games. At this point, all we can ask for is a chance to head into September with a chance and then let the cards fall in those big games as they may. Getting hot at the right time means a potential playoff berth yet. If the Rockies from 2007 aren't proof of that, I don't know what is.

If the 'Crew can play in September the way they played August 2008 (20-7) anything is possible.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

that's the thing. Our August schedule looks to be in our favor. It's our September schedule that I'm looking most forward to. If we are "for real" we'll find out then. And if we're not, it's 2010-City here we come.

I'd much rather have a September that is meaningful--win or lose--than one that is completely pointless. August holds the key.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived