Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-30 Nationals (Martin) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 7-3]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great work from Coffey the last two days

11 pitches, too, nice.

I still marvel at how great of a pickup he has turned out to be by Melvin. Dude was taken off the scrap heap in September for nothing. Now he is pitching like one of the best setup men in all of baseball.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I think we gotta try Chris Smith here. Get by with him to rest Hoff and Stett, get two wins in a row, and things might look up again as we hit SD.
Agreed. No reason to waste any of the better RPs with nothing but important games on the horizon.

Nice!

Never did I think a win over the Nats would seem so huge: , back-to-back wins for the first time in a while, back to .500, likely tied for third again (and Go Dodgers tonight), a great Yo start and--gasp! A day win!

Let's get back in the saddle fellas

And hey, they won a day game while they were at it. I wasn't able to watch (weather was way too nice to stay in where I am), but I was glad to see the result. It's huge to get back to .500 heading out west. Hopefully with some luck the road trip won't be too bad and they can be above .500 upon returning home.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'd say the last two innings are more indicative of the Nationals record than the first two games of this series.
At the park, I had a thought very similar to Glennron's above. Aha, so this is how they've made their way to only 32 wins through July 30.

This game wasn't in our season ticket packages. At 10:00 this morning, I decided to make the drive from Madison because I was desperate to see a Brewers game that wasn't dreadful (like on Tuesday, Sunday and Friday), and today was my last chance for two weeks.

So I was delighted by today's result, and many of its components, among them the single seat I scored in 217, the friendly and polite families sitting around me, the Counsell Crush (I knew I could count on Mr QL to make that post), singing along with The Outfield, and the silver lining that comes with not hearing Hells Bells because it wasn't needed.

I know a series win would have been better; I know this doesn't solve anything about the rotation, but finally seeing a win raised my spirits, and I'll take that.

I'm going to go watch the Counsell Crush replay now.

Edit: Having just watched the replay of said crush, I now remember asking Craig to straighten it out a bit after his deep fly to left went foul. I love it when they heed me.

Also, I wondered today (as I had all series) why Pittsburgh got rid of Nyjer Morgan. If nothing else, he's a Brewer killer, and would presumably have had value to the Pirates just for that.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

There is an hour and a half edition of Baseball Tonight going on right now. I was watching specifically to see the Counsell tag and HR. They didn't show either. Extremely disappointed in that.

Archived