Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-30 Nationals (Martin) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 7-3]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another fastball call by Kendall on a 2-0 count that gets hammered.
Who's to say that it was called down the middle?
And why can't Yo shake it off? I mean, I know Kendall is a whipping boy around here, but come on.

Anyway, glad to see Prince snatch it right back...it'd be nice if we could get some base runners...

Wait, did BA just say Brauny is the first Brewer to hit 20 HR's in his first 3 years? For some reason, that doesn't sound right....Prince had 28, 50, 34, and now 25. Unless they're counting the 39 games in 2005 in which he hit only 2...

Wait, did BA just say Brauny is the first Brewer to hit 20 HR's in his first 3 years? For some reason, that doesn't sound right....Prince had 28, 50, 34, and now 25. Unless they're counting the 39 games in 2005 in which he hit only 2...

I think that's exactly what they're doing. You can't just not count those even though he was just a pinch hitter pretty much.

I bet for a stat like that it is years not just full years.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

trwi7 wrote:

I think that's exactly what they're doing. You can't just not count those even though he was just a pinch hitter pretty much.

But 2006 is considered his rookie year. The way I see it that's the one you start from.

Another fastball call by Kendall on a 2-0 count that gets hammered.
Who's to say that it was called down the middle?
Obviously I didn't say it.

Well then, what is the issue in your mind? The pitch selection or the pitch placement? Both are controlled by Yo.

trwi7 wrote:

But 2006 is considered his rookie year. The way I see it that's the one you start from.
Yeah, but every time they say Braun is 5th all time in home runs his first two years, they are including brief stints (such as Prince's). I'd never heard stats done like that either, but in Braun's case they are doing it quite often.

It wouldn't hurt for McGehee to at least try to work the count every once in a while. He is going to end up like Corey Hart quickly if he keeps hacking away at 1st & 2nd pitches
He swings at a very low percentage of pitches outside the strike zone (18.2% vs. 25.0% league average), so I don't mind him not working the count. Why waste a good pitch to hit by letting it go by?

Gameday made that Hart flyout look pretty deep...was there a great play? Did he give it a ride or was it a bad pitch to swing at?

No, it was a pretty routine play just on the edge of the warning track.

Community Moderator
Although Gallardo's pitch count is high, he has avoided 25+ pitch count innings. If there was ever a time that 110-120 was ok, this is it. Plus, it would be nice to get him the win.

Great job, Yo. I hope these guys don't let you down (in a day game besides!) again.

And yeah, that was a fun inning to watch and all, but I still think I'd rather have not had another dozen pitches piled on his young arm in that situation.

Archived